Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are G1's still available anywhere?

I have two already and started using them with good success in USPSA. I'm looking to buy another.

Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
ribber grips have been discontinued for a while for new models. you could maybe find an used one. you have a better chance of getting a pro ds new.

·
Registered
36,663 Posts

I have two already and started using them with good success in USPSA. I'm looking to buy another.

Thanks!
HMM! the Pro is 2 series gone now (Pro D/S & G-2) and the ribbers have been gone for several years, so the chances of finding the exact pistol that you want is slim i would say.

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts

Yes! I've seen several for sale, brand new in box, on Gunbroker. One particular dealer always has some for sale.
I've been tempted to do the same thing, once I'm settled up with the IRS in April.
Another 9mm 24/7 Pro and .45 24/7 Pro may yet grace my Gunsafe. Have been tempted by 9mm Longslide models, too.

I've also had very good results shooting IPSC Limited Class Minor with my 9mm 24/7 Pro and Limited 10 Major with my .45 24/7 OSS.

Lately, most of the time I've been shooting Production Class with my PT92, to keep most of the wear and tear off of my 24/7's now due to their discontinued status, and the 9mm 24/7 Pro is my main defensive handgun at present. Still have to practice with them, though.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
My 24/7 Pro did not come with the ribber grip.
I took the one off my AirSoft 24/7 replica CO2 pistol and it fits perfecly.
The CO2 pistol was ~$40 at Wally World.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, I've been so busy I almost forgot about this thread.

Thanks for all the great replies!

I think I'll watch for a used one. I've seen a few used DS models, but I really want a plain jane 4" 9mm blue ribber with Heinie Straight 8's.

I wonder why Taurus moved away from the ribber? Was there a specific complaint?

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts
Actually, yes. The Ribbers on the Ribber Grips do tend to wear off with use. The Ribbers on my 9mm 24/7 Pro are starting to wear off, now some four years later. When the Ribbers are completely worn off, I plan to put a Hogue Handall Slip On Grip Sleeve over what will be left of the Ribber Grip. Another Possibility would be the Pachmayer Grip Glove, however, I happen to like the Hogue's a lot. I have a Hogue Handall on my .45 24/7 OSS, as the .45 24/7's never came with Ribbers

http://www.getgrip.com/main/overview/handall.html

[url]http://pachmayr.com/home/tactical-grip-gloves.php

[/URL]

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
Hey, I've been so busy I almost forgot about this thread.
Thanks for all the great replies!
I think I'll watch for a used one. I've seen a few used DS models, but I really want a plain jane 4" 9mm blue ribber with Heinie Straight 8's.
H

HHHMM???? did the D/S series ever come with hienie straight eight sights??
the last dates of the Pro/ Hienie straight eights / and ribbers are very close to each other if I remember right???
as for the ribbers, i liked the feel and idea of them when i bought my 9 MM but the 45 didn't come with them and after just a bit of shooting both guns I really can't tell any difference in the grip feel of the guns.
I can switch from one to the other and never miss a beat, course the 24/7 to me has one of the best ergonomic grips out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts