Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been in the market for a PT92 about six months ago. I payed for one on a website and they never delivered. Long story short I got my money back but never got my PT92. I just started looking around and it seems there aren't any easily found online. I always wanted to new stainless version after I sold my older black version. I hope they are still being made.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I have been sort of hunting for one myself. They have them on Gunbroker. I don't see any at the moment but they pop up now and again. I would check them every day.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I hunted for a stainless for a while, finally fund one on an auction site (Gunbroker, I think) and it was an "Import" from Israel. This was a few years ago, and they were scarce on the used market then, too. A (former) son in law had one bought in California, back in the 80's that he bought new, but they still seem scarce to me. Mine is the only one I have ever seen at the club where I shoot.

I have a 1984 (blued, pre-decocker) in the safe that has five rounds fired through it, but again, none of the guys I see at the range shoot 92's. Fantastic Plastic seems to be the order of the day, now. And most of the young guys simply eschew anything all-steel.

Good luck in your quest.

Flash

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
For anyone looking a dealer has 2 NIB on gunbroker for $439. Not a bad price as these are getting scarce. I didn't have quite the cash necessary but they have a good layaway deal, 6 months no fees so I'm on the board!

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/796245740

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I feel your pain. I would like to add another one myself, but damned if nobody around here has any.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I have several in my safe, thank you, but no SS 92, just the penguin version (duo-Tone). Do have a PT99 SS and couple of PT100 SS.

Reactions: PT99AF
1 - 9 of 9 Posts