Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not allowed to carry while at work. What do y'all do with your firearm while you're at work? Do you lock it up in your car or leave it home?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Our company has "Policies" against any kind of firearms on our premises. It's not unlawful for us to carry with proper credentials, just against policy. They think that ensures our safety...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
Rumor has it that there might be a black lockable box underneath the seat of my car, cabled to the seat mounting frame. Should this rumor prove to be true, I really have no idea what might be inside said box. Truly.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Kind of difficult to apply in my past because it never was a problem for some reasons. If I had to "not carry" it would be in a lockbox in my vehicle and I would "do the drill" getting to, and leaving, work. Trouble is as likely to happen on the drive as anywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
While I am retired now, during my working days, I just cc'd and kept my mouth shut. Wasn't against policy, though. At least, not spelled out in the employee manual. . . . . .;D

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
The company I work for Observes the current federal, state and local laws.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Our company policy says no guns.

Company owner ( who also has CCP) explained it like this: " I trust most of you to carry safely, responsibly, and to use good judgement. But then there are a few I wouldn't trust with a toy cap gun. Problem is that a policy has to be fair and apply to everybody, not just idiots."

But in no uncertain terms, he did say that he had no reason to inspect or search us or our trucks. But the way he said it sounded like rhis: Cough , cough, hint , hint, wink, wink!)

Even with my big hands, I am thinking about one of those wallet pistols. They hold something like 3 or 4 shots, don't they?

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
I don't work since I am retired so when I go to have coffee with my buddies, There is something stashed under my left arm at all times

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all. My work says no to carry, but does not address firearms in your vehicle.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Our company policy says no guns.

Company owner ( who also has CCP) explained it like this: " I trust most of you to carry safely, responsibly, and to use good judgement. But then there are a few I wouldn't trust with a toy cap gun. Problem is that a policy has to be fair and apply to everybody, not just idiots."

But in no uncertain terms, he did say that he had no reason to inspect or search us or our trucks. But the way he said it sounded like rhis: Cough , cough, hint , hint, wink, wink!)

Even with my big hands, I am thinking about one of those wallet pistols. They hold something like 3 or 4 shots, don't they?
Well, if I were to make that decision I would think about , at the top end, a Springfield XDS in a pocket holster or one of the smaller 380s if that was too big. I heard that funny Taurus company makes a nice one.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Is there a particular lockbox that ya'll could recommend for a vehicle?
Working with your type of vehicle and finding a way to hide it is as important as anything. You want to keep the casual car prowler from getting it but you don't want something that shouts"There's a gun in this box".
I figured that if I had to go that route, with my king cab, I'd open the dogs a small bag of dog food from the bottom and empty it to refill with something to make the bag look full, Tape a receipt to the bag, to make it look just purchased, and slip it over the safe chained to a seat strut. It still wouldn't be one of my most irreplaceable pistols.

Reactions: WartHog354

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
If I may, a suggestion for those thinking of keeping a semiautomatic in a lock box in their vehicle: Hi Point. They are big and ugly, but they're cheap (as in "inexpensive", not as in "lacking in quality") and they're dead-nuts reliable. If some determined person should force their way into your vehicle and steal it, you're only out a couple o' hundred bucks, not really gonna break the bank. Ya buy one, put some rounds through it to break it in and prove its reliability, clean it, lock in in the vehicle, and voila! You have the proverbial "truck gun". Or jeep gun. Car gun. Whatever.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I agree with TrucksNCoffee, I leave a gun in every vehicle. Worked for a school system and couldn't carry but kept one in my personal vehicle. Never cared for a lock box in a vehicle but have used a few. Would rather use a holster that holds secure but is easy to remove a gun from. I also would rather have a snubnose revolver than the big semi auto. Pawn shops have some butt ugly revolvers sometimes. I have one of the big ugly 45's like the one in his post that is 100% reliable and reasonably accurate that lives in a truck.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts