·
Super Moderator
35,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
35,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ammo to go has this ammo at 79.95 for 500 round brick! I used to like 'em. ..hmmm..... I have concluded, myself, that I can tough it out a few more months without pulling something rash.

BTW, Midway was the place that had the Aquila sub sonic for 35, not a bad price considering. I still like midway, just didn't wanna pay 19.50 for the shipping, but that's out of their control I guess. I'm still waiting for the day, though, that I can walk into Walmart and buy a 550 round box of Federal for 19.95 again.

·
Super Moderator
35,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moved it to factory loads forum. Seems better here.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
The answer to this is don't buy if you can avoid it.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
I picked up 4 - 525 round boxes of .22lr Golden Bullets with tax they were around $25.00 per box. It just comes down to being in the right place at the right time. I prefer the Federal Bulk packs, but figured I would take a chance with these. Worst case I donate them to the kids day event at the local gun club. I know they are having a hard time finding ammo as well.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Super Moderator
35,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hard to be in the right place at the right time out here in the sticks. I don't think any surrounding towns is getting ammo, actually. It's a sad situation.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I have plenty of shooting that I can do without paying sick prices for 22lr. The new S&W 22A (just got my Vortex SPARC back from a service visit - okay 1-200 rounds CAN go to that!) is sweet but I don't keep any gun that I don't like! Come to think of it I have not yet been trained ( or gotten my key) on the club trap and skeet range...

·
Registered
751 Posts
I bought a 50rd box of the aguila sub sonic that is primer only and was very glad I only bought 50. A pellet rifle moves faster and makes more noise.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Yup, 525 golden bullets for 65.00+ at a local shop here, I laughed. All other ammo normal priced go figure. :icon_rolleyes: I refuse to pay retail + .

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The last .22LR's I bought were 4 500 round bricks of Federal Champions and the clerk rang them up at $1.49 instead of $14.90. Seeing as how I frequently shop there and have always been treated well I did go back and explain her error and paid the $14.90 a brick.

A $1.49 a brick would have been much cheaper than I could have bought them even back in the 50's!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been lucky to score from cabelas quite a bit. Got several thousands of rounds in the past few months. LGS has a lot on consignment but $50 for the 525 golden bullets is crazy.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
The last .22LR's I bought were 4 500 round bricks of Federal Champions and the clerk rang them up at $1.49 instead of $14.90. Seeing as how I frequently shop there and have always been treated well I did go back and explain her error and paid the $14.90 a brick.

A $1.49 a brick would have been much cheaper than I could have bought them even back in the 50's!!!
$14.90??? was that 10 years ago? That is a great price and I would be more then glad to pay that much. They have been over $20.00 at my Walmart for more then 2 years now.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Well Native, I nearly felt sorry for you and thought about offering to send you a 525 bulk pack of Remington Golden Bullets for what I have into them, about $22.50 plus my actual shipping costs, which I get a discount from UPS (Notice I don't make the same offer on my Federal 36 grain hollow-points or my Mini Mags).

Then I remembered you are an Aggie!

However, being the kind considerate person I am, the offer still goes. Send me your Zip Code and I will send you the shipping charges. 525 .22's should be about 5 lbs or a little under. I'm guessing about $12 since you are with-in 500 miles. Go Red Raiders!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just happened to be in my local Cabelas yesterday, and bought 5 boxes of (20) rds. Herters brand of 7.62x39 for $5.99 a box, and a 500 rd. brick of American Eagle High Vel. .22 LR for $21.

·
Administrator
41,076 Posts
I've been a gunbot.com fan for quite some time. I've bought very little ammo, as I have plenty on hand, mostly reloads. But I do notice availability is up, and prices only slightly down. Hopefully things get a lot better soon. Of course if the idiots in DC start all their gun control crap again, that will go out the window.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Super Moderator
35,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I'm going to hold out for the day I can pick up Federal bulk again. My guns seem to like it. :D

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
17,778 Posts
Cheaper Than Dirt has 100 round box of CCI MiniMags for $59.59.
I would have bought some but that extra 59 cents was a bit over the top.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to hold out for the day I can pick up Federal bulk again. My guns seem to like it. :D
I have the best luck with Federal as well. Got the Golden Bullets because they were priced right and I figure they would be fine in the pump and lever guns.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts