Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows when PT1911 in stainless will finaly be out? ???

they were supposed to come out LONG time ago, last I heard they were due in June or July. I wonder what they would tell me if I called Taurus now....anyone knows what other calibers other than .45 will be availabe?

I want one now! :mad: ;D 8)

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I have all but given up on the PT1911 in stainless, due to Taurus constantly
dragging their feet. As of now, I have my sights(no pun intended)
on a Springfield Ultra Compact! :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've heard late fall to sometime around spring 08'. I get conflicting reports whether the Stainless or the Compact 1911 will be out first...

I would say that in all my years dealing with Taurus, the waiting on new models was the most annoying.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Gray_Wolf,

The only two other calibers listed at the moment are .40 S&W and 9mm. However, I don't see how they could go wrong with a 10mm chambering as well.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: I called then few days ago and was told they will be out in November...(before that was March than June :p ) hopefuly it won't be any longer.

When I asked about 10mm she said there's no plans at the moment. :'(

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
That's too bad. I think a 10mm PT1911 would go over well with a lot of people. To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, there aren't many manufactuers who make a 10mm on the 1911 platform, at least as a regular production pistol.

Looking at gunbroker at the moment, STI is the most represented with 4, Dan Wesson with 3, Colt with 2, and Kimber, Springfield and IAI with one apiece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts