Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting back with "Maverick" in the TV. When the wife ask the question, "did you see that man just then, for some reason the name Efrem Zimbalist Jr. comes to mine".

I replied, "yes from the old FBI series decades ago". She then says with pride, "sometimes I really surprise myself with how much I remember even from years back".

This is where I should have simply shut my mouth. But, NO, I apparently felt the need to point out that is was pretty amazing how she could remember that, yet forget what it was that she walked 15 feet into the kitchen to do.

It has turned into a fairly quiet day now.

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
En la boca cerrada, no enthran moscas.

Or, something like that. :D

See, that's how much Spanish I remember from high school. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
You have to learn to say it to yourself in your head. When you do it that way you get all the fun of the comment but none of the consequences. You can just sit there and smile !

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Sitting back with "Maverick" in the TV. When the wife ask the question, "did you see that man just then, for some reason the name Efrem Zimbalist Jr. comes to mine".

I replied, "yes from the old FBI series decades ago". She then says with pride, "sometimes I really surprise myself with how much I remember even from years back".

This is where I should have simply shut my mouth. But, NO, I apparently felt the need to point out that is was pretty amazing how she could remember that, yet forget what it was that she walked 15 feet into the kitchen to do.

It has turned into a fairly quiet day now.
Maybe your hearing will come back when the swelling goes down.:D

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
That's why they call them "Miranda rights"...:mellow:...only a woman could've come up with "anything you say can and will be held against you".

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
You have to learn to say it to yourself in your head. When you do it that way you get all the fun of the comment but none of the consequences. You can just sit there and smile !
You can try, but after a brief pause, you hear yourself asking, "Did I just say that out loud?" :eek:hmy: :gah:

·
32,481 Posts
Had he said for an old lady that wasn't bad then watch out for thrown knives. Or since women like to use poisons do not have that tasty beverage she brings. Pour it into a potted plant and see if it keels over.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
It's amazing how much grief can be avoided just by waiting 10 seconds to speak. ......... Now, if I could just learn to do that 'consistently'.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
That's why they call them "Miranda rights"...:mellow:...only a woman could've come up with "anything you say can and will be held against you".
Like you have to actually say it.

Had a girlfriend for a while right after college that was mad at me because of something that I did in a dream.:eek:

Her dream.

Her replacement didn't act like that.

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
In case I didn't let you know, the last time I saw you, I have determined, through my age and wisdom, There are only three correct answers you can give your wife when in an argument. They are as follows.
1. Yes dear.
2. No dear.
3. I'll be out in the garage dear.
These are to be used in the proper context and applied judiciously.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
There are a lot of times when my wife speaks...:mellow:...that I really love my dog.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts