Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday is April 1. I was told that the license is good four 4 years, plus the amount of time to your next birthday. It takes approximately 60 days to get your license, although sometimes it takes longer. If I submit my application now, there is a chance that it will be issued after my birthday, effectively giving me a five year license. But, there is also the chance that it will be approved BEFORE my birthday, giving me a four year license.

Should I bide my time and wait a couple of weeks before submitting, or take the chances now?

Todd

·
Registered
127 Posts
Submit now! The sooner you can carry the better. I would, but with leaving the country for 1 year in about 3 weeks. I really don't care much, that and it would take about that long to get a license anyway.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
If you can wait ... I'd wait until March, unless you wanted to go ahead and do it now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got my first one last month and it took about 12 days to get it in the mail, so I don't know how long it will take for you, I would think that 60 days would be the worst case senerio.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So what if you don't get a "free" year? At least you'll get to renew in four and get a more current photo.

This reminds me of those who stretch their annual state inspections on their vehicles. By getting the inspection a day or two after the month they are due, they effectively get a free year AFTER doing this for 12 years! So they save what? $40? <<roll eyes>>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts