Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LiveLeak.com - Maniac Wielding Machete Kicks Down Neighbors Door - Gets Shot Three Times

This is a frighting video of a home invasion with shooting. The fact the homeowner had time and clarity of mind to set up a video recorder will help him in court. My response would have been in the 12 gauge variety because if I had time to set up a video recorder I would have more than enough time to get my big boy out of the safe.

x101ABNDevil
R.I.P. PT42

·
22,837 Posts
Wow. People who are blase about using firearms should listen carefully to the anguish in that defender's voice. Good people who inflict violence in self defense often have some trouble dealing with it, even when it's completely obvious it's justified, as in this case. I've read about this from more than one very knowledgeable source. But thank God he had a gun.

Time to replace that hollow core door with something a little more substantial too.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
That was one sorry constructed door for an exterior door! Too bad the perp is still breathing.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Not sure I would have waited for him to come into the room. Murphy Law have camera, camera will get knocked over.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
That's strange. Did the victim know the guy was coming or did he always have a video camera set up? Also, that intruder must have been on drugs. Home invasions are occurring at an alarming rate. We just don't hear about most of them.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I agree that if I had time to set up a camera, I would have had time to get my shotgun. Scary situation indeed, and the perp is lucky he survived. I don't know if I would have stopped after 3 shots. I guess it would all depend on if you still perceive a threat.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I think the video camera was one that was set up to watch the bedroom door all the time. That wasn't an exterior entrance it was an inside hollow core door. At the beginning of the video you can hear someone in the outer part of the house yelling or screaming before the bad guy kicks in the bedroom door and gets lit up for his trouble.

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
LiveLeak.com - Maniac Wielding Machete Kicks Down Neighbors Door - Gets Shot Three Times

This is a frighting video of a home invasion with shooting. The fact the homeowner had time and clarity of mind to set up a video recorder will help him in court. My response would have been in the 12 gauge variety because if I had time to set up a video recorder I would have more than enough time to get my big boy out of the safe.
x101ABNDevil
R.I.P. PT42
Well you just don't understand!
The homeowner was trying to get the incident on tape so he could call all his FACE BOOK FRIENDS to come over and help him!
Thats what I told my daughters when they brag about how many Face book friends they have!
so who is coming to pick you up and give you a ride home when your car breaks down or you run out of gas?
how about when you get in a fight and need help!
Much better off putting some of that face book time in some real people!
Face Book friends!!
At least the owner didn't call 911 and sit down and wait for them.

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
That was one sorry constructed door for an exterior door! Too bad the perp is still breathing.
Typical for an apartment door in these parts
Really even a solid core modern door isn't that strong unless you increase the locking points(dead bolts) that protrude through the frame, most all new doors placed in the doorway frame using only strips of trim as stops and the actual frames are routinely not screwed to the frame, and only enough nails to get by
now run across one of the old doors that have the rabbitted stop and jams and you got a long day knocking it in.
We at work have walked through many front door that were solid and they just popped out of the frame when hit Gingerly lets say.

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
Not sure I would have waited for him to come into the room. Murphy Law have camera, camera will get knocked over.
and Camera does not shoot deadly missiles either!!!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I'm thinking that this was just an escalation of events that have happened before. Guy puts camera out when he knows something might happen. Could be he was already threatened in the past .

Could be the aggressor gets drunk and violent or is bi-polar or something. The person who made the video decided he has had enough and uses camera to show his side of it and to cover his ass.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I think the video camera was one that was set up to watch the bedroom door all the time. That wasn't an exterior entrance it was an inside hollow core door. At the beginning of the video you can hear someone in the outer part of the house yelling or screaming before the bad guy kicks in the bedroom door and gets lit up for his trouble.
That makes more sense. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm thinking that this was just an escalation of events that have happened before. Guy puts camera out when he knows something might happen. Could be he was already threatened in the past .

Could be the aggressor gets drunk and violent or is bi-polar or something. The person who made the video decided he has had enough and uses camera to show his side of it and to cover his ass.
This here is what I was thinking as well.

Interesting...

Deadbolt on a flimsy cardboard door lol I see a lot of these. Its rare I see a door thats covered in locks and dead bolts that would slow anyone down especially someone like myself. Makes me wonder what people consider security ?

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
This here is what I was thinking as well.

Interesting...

Deadbolt on a flimsy cardboard door lol I see a lot of these. Its rare I see a door thats covered in locks and dead bolts that would slow anyone down especially someone like myself. Makes me wonder what people consider security ?
It's perceived security, same as the government gives you. Put a fifty dollar lock on a twenty five dollar door, that's perceived security.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
We have solid oak and solid-wood-core steel doors on our home. You'd have a real hard time getting through either, especially w/ solid steel security screen doors on each as well.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Solid steel screen security door ? I havent seen those yet.
It really does seem like percieved security these days...
Some places appear to be secure to the 9s but when I look at them I see nothing that would present a problem.
For an example steel security doors... I use them myself but most ive seen arent mounted to a re enforced frame. Weak frame renders a security door useless. If the door and the frame are built to last... How about the wall next to it ? The standard exterior walls of most buildings (wood and plaster) im going through the wall like its not even there. Windows, cielings, vents ? I think about things like this a lot. Quick way in and more for my use a quick way out. I once heard someone say no building can ever be completely secure. We can sure get reasonably close but depending on the inginuity and persistanc of the perp theres always a way. Have multiple layers of security, secure yourself with training and mindset (and a gun) Have an escape route and a backup plan.
Getting back to the video... I get the feeling these people were somewhat trapped in that room no window or escape route is my guess.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts