Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you like to do? Here's some of my preferences

- reload ammo
- take a spin through the inventory re-cleaning and or deep cleaning firearms as needed
- dissamble-reassemble a few I haven't done in while... to re-learn how to again
- organize my shop/gun room and accessories
- look for items (parts or accessories) I don't want, or will never need and put them up for sale or pay it forward and give away

What do you guys do?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Clean Guns or reload in that order.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
I play my guitars.
I work on the house.
I write a bit of music.
I work on the honey-do list.
I play more guitars.
My wife and I sit and talk.
and something about guitars........I forget.

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
When it's too cold to shoot it's probably too cold for me to reload. My reloading bench is in one of my outbuildings. It has electricity, but no heat and I've found that the case lube doesn't work all that well when it's cold. I still go to the range when it's cold, but pretty much rifles only. The best part is that there is little wait for the barrels to cool down.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Make beer.

Keeps the house warm and adds a wonderful aroma better than any air freshener.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
If you want to shoot, just acquire a bullet trap, targets to fit it and a CO2 powered BB or pellet pistol. Set up the target/bullet trap where you can see it from your recliner and have fun. You know make holey the target.
Just make sure that the projectiles aren't going in the direction of anything that can be damaged (windows, idiot boxes, spousal unit, pets, rug brats etc.).

·
Administrator
39,688 Posts
I do all those things listed by the OP above. Not all the same day. I reloaded 500 rounds of one of my favorite calibers one cold day last week.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I do wood working. I make tables, book cases and sometimes small scroll saw items. I hit the pawn shops looking for all the believable good deals here where I live..................righttttttttt!!!

Reactions: FLShutterbug

·
Registered
14,792 Posts
If I'm not on TA.net (and sometimes when I am) I touch myself in inappropriate manners. Now get your minds out of the gutters. Sometimes the undergarments ride up a it to far and need adjusting or other times it's really because my butt DOES itch. I considered chasing my wife around the house but she's just as well armed as I am and it wouldn't end in a good way.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
If I'm not on TA.net (and sometimes when I am) I touch myself in inappropriate manners. Now get your minds out of the gutters. Sometimes the undergarments ride up a it to far and need adjusting or other times it's really because my butt DOES itch. I considered chasing my wife around the house but she's just as well armed as I am and it wouldn't end in a good way.
Well, I was going to mention that too but my cane lost 4th gear last month so I don't stand a chance of catching her any longer........:(

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
A few things that can make cold days of shooting not so bad in the windy city of chiraq.
Remember to get it all the way out of the car window. Besides the percussion and noise, hot brass bouncing around inside can be unpleasant.
Remember to come to complete stop and do not speed off until magazine is empty or safety is on.

We really don't get that cold on the coast. Well, not more than a day or two in a row. (low of 29°tonight. low of 41-52 next 5)
Cold days at the range is like a cold day in the woods hunting. Except you shoot more at the range.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,937 Posts
Well, I was going to mention that too but my cane lost 4th gear last month so I don't stand a chance of catching her any longer........:(
:ph34r: sabotage? :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
Now I know they all do a lot of talkin' about global warming, but the older I get the colder the winters seem. I never used to wear gloves when I was shooting in the winter and now I put on socks to go to bed.

Reactions: slong115
1 - 20 of 28 Posts