Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
keep it in a IWB holster or have it in a jacket pocket or jeans?

I've found that I'm more comfortable having my pistol in my jeans pocket or in a jacket pocket than using an IWB holster. Yes, I am well aware of the safety issues and to not Plaxico myself. Every IWB I use is way too tight and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i carry IWB daily. have you tried a pair of pants that is a size bigger? i use a crossbreed supertuck deluxe for my 24/7 pro ds and a heavy duty belt and forget its there sometimes. IWB is a little more tricky but with the right holster, belt, and pants combo it is pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
I use IWB, OWB and pocket carry depending on the weather and cicumstances.

With the right holster and cover garments IWB can be comfortable.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I am not at all comfortable with IWB carry.

I pocket carry my S&W Bodyguard .380 and OWB carry my PT740 Slim in a Blackhawk belt holster.

·
Banned
893 Posts
I carry OWB. only need a T-shirt to cover. It does print but can not tell if it is a cell phone or whatever, does not attract attention.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I carry a baby Glock in 45 acp iwb, have for years. I agree that clothes need to fit a little loose and a good belt. I carry off hip or mid back and forget it is there. Carried a 1911 or 29 Smith for years. Type holster, how it is made, where it rides, etc makes a lot of difference. A good rig rides under a loose tee shirt and does not draw attention. When everything is right it is not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I plan on using an OWB holster for my PT809 when I get it in a few weeks, I like this Don Hume H717 Holster>> H717_web_LRG.jpg if I can find one that fits anyway, I lost about 35lbs so some of my jeans are a little lose so I could use a IWB one but I only saw one I like in another thread but I couldn't find it on the Don Hume website. I also put a 609TI Pro in layaway and it came with a kevlar tactical holster but not sure if I will use it or not because its not broke in and looks kinda small even for the gun its designed for.

·
32,613 Posts
I use both IWB and OWB in winter, IWB in summer,and thinking about using a fanny pack for summer.

If I pocket carry it looks like a guinea pig on steriods in the pocket. " Is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Don't need that!! And yous' guys don't take that any farther than that! :) Gals either for that matter. :)
The smaller mini pocket pistols can be used with the the pocket holster. That I can get away with.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I pocket carry a 1991 vintage all stainless steel model 85 DAO with the bobbed hammer in a Remora J-frame pocket holster. I wear slilghtly baggy pants and it doesn't print at all. Being left handed helps disguise it as well. Because I do most everything right handed but shoot and write, I can walk down the street in a bad area of town with my left hand on the butt of the gun and nobody even thinks twice. I carry a couple of speed loaders in what looks like a cell phone pouch. Been doing it for about 5 years now and so far nobody that doesn't know I carry has ever even noticed it.

Picking up an Officer's model 1911 today and will most likely carry that IWB in a home made clone of the Supertuck. I just need to get the gun so I can mold the Kydex.

·
Registered
532 Posts
90% of the time, I carry IWB. My BUG might be in a pocket holster, but my main armament is IWB, OWB or in a fanny pack.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I carry IWB or OWB depending on weather and what I am wearing.

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Carry my PT145 OWB with a loose fitting shirt. Something that needs to be tucked in I carry my TCP in my pocket

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have not found an IWB setup that does not cause intense pain due to back/nerve injuries.

I use OWB or a waist pack. My weapon is to big for a pants pocket.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I learned from you's guys. My pt-111 rides in a IWB Kholster at 2 o'clock. It sits pretty tight against my rib and doesn't print under any pullover shirt.

·
Registered
157 Posts
depends on what I am carrying, just ordered a Remora holster for my slim, gonna see how that works, also have a UBG canute for iwb that works well, have a ubg bonneville belt silde for my XDsc .... sometimes slip a small gun in my front pocket with a pocket holster, but a quality holster and belt will make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I never got into IWB carry. I usually carry my glock 27 in a blackhawk holster on the waist band.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
I carry my 945 OWB strong side under a long shirt or jacket, the P64 is in my front pocket on my weak side since it's easily fired from either hand. Spare mag for the 945 is in the rear weak side pocket.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I use IWB and pocket holster for my BUG in my front pocket of my jeans/cargo pants! If a parka or heavy jacket is use, not this season, I would pocket carry my full size in my jacket.;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts