Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I know it's a lousy picture but it's the best I could do with what I had. :-[

So, I was reading the thread on how to breakdown the slide on an ME pro (great info by the way) and I noticed the Taurus safety key seems to be enclosed behind a small plate, unlike my PT145 pro 3rd gen. If you look at the safety key from under the slide on my PT, the safety key assembly is exposed. The safety works fine, though I'll never use it, but after close inspection it does look like something did use to be soldered there.

Here's the pick of my slide, does it look right? :???:

I bought it this past September NIB, and it's looked like that since I walked out with it. I've put 350 rounds of white Winchester through it without any problems thus far.

Thanks! for all the input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Flyer for taking the time to post your pic. I updated my pic and it's pretty obvious that my slide is missing something over the safety key. So does it matter that its missing? I haven't had any problems with it, and like I said, I'll probably never use the safety.

Thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I know is comparing it to my PT111, there seems to be some wear right at the little hole over the locking mechanism. Now I have put almost the same # of rounds more or less thru mine and it does not show any of that wear.

·
Registered
132 Posts
txlouie,
Dam bro, your slide looks like its been taking a beating.......you should send it in to taurus or take it to a local smith to have it checked out..........always good to prevent problems before they happend. Something is knocking too hard or not clearing properly...........too much wear going on there and will result in problems later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts