Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my area - eastern North Carolina - the weather is acting like it's on crack or something!

Last Saturday, it was warm and sunny...mid to upper 60's. Sunday, it just reached the seventies in the sunshine.

Monday it was cold. 42 degrees tops. Tuesday was in the high 60's. Weds barley reached mid forties around 10 am, and slowly got colder as the day went by.

Thursday it was in the high 60's until a front come through with dark menacing clouds that looked like Armageddon was upon us. No rain, but really freaky cold winds and dark skies.

Friday was cold, but not unbearable: 24 at dawn and maybe low 40's for a high.

Today is supposed to be in the high 50's, tomorrow even warmer and sunnier and Monday the new ice age is coming.

What is going on?

Me thinks that maybe Mr. Heat Miser and Mr. Freeze Miser are having a battle.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Yep- we've had odd weather, too. Sometimes cold, sometimes less cold - but always damp! Tomorrow our high will hit 16; that indoor range is gonna' really:D be cold

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
It is called winter...Happens every year at this time..;):eek:

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
We are having some pretty flaky weather patterns here in Florida, too. I think every part of the Country is scratching its head over this winter weather.

Now, JMHO, most of the craziness can be attributed to cyclical variations in "normal" meteorology. 'El Nino' / 'La Nina' , Gulf Stream movement, Jet Stream fluctuation, etc. But at the risk of invoking a stream of sarcasm, let's consider the possibility of Global Climate Change. (Duck and Cover!!)

GCC as a serious proposal suffers from two major problems: First, it got hung with the unfortunate moniker of "Global Warming." Try selling that your average Bostonian as he digs out his car for the fourth or fifth time in a month. Second, and even more disastrous, its most visible proponent was a dip s**t like Al Gore who never should have taken time off from inventing the Internet to sick his nose in the discussion.

Global Climate Change is real, and it is caused by humans. It will not wipe us out as a species because we will find a way to stop it, maybe even reverse it, or we will adapt to it. Meanwhile, welcome to the crazy weather....

Reactions: G8R8U2

·
Registered
29,899 Posts
Florida's Gulf Coast panhandle region has always been known for weird winter weather.

The temps routinely fluctuate up to 50 degrees in a 24 hour period. One has to keep sun screen, a rain coat and a parka in one's car/truck at all times.

It drives the convertible owners crazy...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Prove the changing weather is caused by humans. You can't as you cannot replicate the weather without humans.
Now if you want to add in weather modification experiments....

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Climate change IS man made and I can prove it to you all, right here and now!! I will pitch my boot off the left side of my bed......."clunk"..(Done) Now the weather will start to get more spring like in about 3-4 weeks, it will start in the Southern states and move it's way North. I will mark this by having the "Yellow Bells and jonquils bloom first, followed by redbuds and dogwoods, to show the awesome power of man, I will even send robins into the south with-in the next 14 days, they will filter down from the North. Feel my power! I learned from the great Dark Wizard, Al Gore. :D

P.S. Do not mock me, I still have the other boot.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Here in South Mississippi we've been on a weather roller coaster that makes my arthritis a lot worse than normal for weeks now. They are forecasting the coldest weather so far this winter next week with snow and on Wednesday and Thursday.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I remember reading a really old book with the following.

As long as the Earth remains their will be seed time and their will be harvest.

Reactions: john_bud

·
Administrator
39,715 Posts
West Texas weather this year has had it's temperature fluctuations as well. But all in all a pretty mild winter. 77 is the forecasted high for today with lots of sun. Mid 50s I believe tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
In my area - eastern North Carolina - the weather is acting like it's on crack or something!

Last Saturday, it was warm and sunny...mid to upper 60's. Sunday, it just reached the seventies in the sunshine.

Monday it was cold. 42 degrees tops. Tuesday was in the high 60's. Weds barley reached mid forties around 10 am, and slowly got colder as the day went by.

Thursday it was in the high 60's until a front come through with dark menacing clouds that looked like Armageddon was upon us. No rain, but really freaky cold winds and dark skies.

Friday was cold, but not unbearable: 24 at dawn and maybe low 40's for a high.

Today is supposed to be in the high 50's, tomorrow even warmer and sunnier and Monday the new ice age is coming.

What is going on?

Me thinks that maybe Mr. Heat Miser and Mr. Freeze Miser are having a battle.

There's an old saying, "You can tell you're in North Carolina if you've ever run the heat and
the air-conditioning in the same day". Yes, I have.

A year ago yesterday it snowed and we got a few inches. Wife's V-day flowers didn't make it.

In these parts the new ice age starts tomorrow. Fourteen degrees at dawn. Thirties most of
the week. It is mid-winter. Winter starts about third week of December. We're seven out of
twelve weeks through.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Normal here. -13 on the thermometer with windchills at -30. Stay inside and clean guns day.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Global Climate Change is real, and it is caused by humans. It will not wipe us out as a species because we will find a way to stop it, maybe even reverse it, or we will adapt to it. Meanwhile, welcome to the crazy weather....
You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong that may be! ;)

The proponents of "climate change" manipulate data to prove their points. is that showing proof, or something else?
The proponents of "climate change" choose a start point in temp data around 1900. Why? It was a COLD period when the rivers in Paris and St Louis FROZE every winter. Is that "baseline" showing our current temps are our fault or something else?

As for green house gasses...
Water vapor is a BETTER green house gas than CO2. many times better. A clear night is a COLD night. Work out the energy required to put enough water into the air to form a blanket. We don't generate that much energy, much less use it All to boil water!

Look at these graphs of actual unmolested data;

No spot2 = low solar output = brrrrr cold earth. Not cow farts or CO2. Cold earth = crop failures, starvation, disease, warfare and death on a scale we no longer can imagine. During the Maunder minimum 20-25% or the people on earth died. We are in the good times. The worst threat to civilization is a cooling sun. If we entered a period like the maunder minimum today, higher civilization as we know it will end. Probably over 6 BILLION people will die and the remaining few will have trouble doing more than staying alive. Partly from crop failure and rampant disease, but more from global warfare as nations of starving people fight for land that isn't covered in snow 11 months a year.

ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ushcn/daily/

If you want to use statistics, go to the link. Grab the data and determine the standard deviations for daily high, low and mean for a location. Then subtract the 3 standard deviations for the lower normal limit, add 3 standard deviations for the upper normal limit. Compare that to your current daily high, low, mean. When it goes outside that band, then you have real excursion temperature.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
All I can say is it is frickin cold up here and I'am damn tired of it.... Shiver.gif

1 - 20 of 44 Posts