Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i am kinda new to handguns,well i have owned a couple me a new looking but P.I.S. lorcin L380 and the wife has a pink 25 somthing.just 2 weeks ago we made a major up grade to 2 24/7 pros 9mm 1 crome and 1 blued.BUT a friend said i should have gotten 2 1911s.what is diff about these 1911.he really dont say why they are so much better.so i thought i would ask the pros here.should i have got a 1911.i love our new 24/7

thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma and congrats on your purchases. My wife and I both own 1911's and a 24/7 9mm. My wife is probably going to carry the 24/7 when she gets her concealed carry permit. The 1911 is a tried and true design that is almost 100 years old and still going strong. You have some folks that are die hard 1911 fans and those that are not. I don't think you made a wrong decision at all. The felt recoil from a 9mm is lighter than a .45. Enjoy your guns and the next time your at the gun range rent a 1911 .45 and try it out.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
You did great on your choice, any gun a person can own is good..lol
1911s are really cool, you can mod them like crazy and the are kinda Nostalgic..
The 24/7s are great guns.. and from what i have read alotttttt of people own them... :D

I miss my 1911s , I had 3 over my lifetime..
If i get to own another gun it will be a Taurus 1911..

Enjoy your 24/7s and never look back..lol ;) ;)

Maybe some range pics might be cool some time :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts