Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah, I was flipping through a copy of Shotgun News earlier tonight and my dad's eye was caught on the Rossi Rio Grande lever action shotgun.

He's always wanted a lever-action shotgun, but his neck is too FUBAR to fire a 12-Gauge, and he's a huge fan of the .410....who am I to judge?:D

I did a quick search online for the price and evidently it's low enough for him to consider sacrificing a rifle or two to get it. So I ask of you, does anyone here have any experience with it? How do the "Judge Loads" fair in it? I'd wager with that longer barrel it'd be rather effective as a Personal Defense piece, but chuck in some slugs or 000 buck and it'd be capable for coyotes and smaller bacon-slabs.

If he's still set on it, we're probably gonna hit up a few gun shops to see what they'll offer on the few rifles he has that are a bit too painful for him to shoot(evidently he CAN'T handle a Mini-30...had a feeling).

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay, so as mentioned in my new thread, it's raining shotguns, and dad traded off his .22 Hornet and his Mini-30 for a Rossi Rio Grande .410 in blue today. Got some cash back, too. Should be here in two or three days. When asking the LGS about it, they didn't even know Rossi made one, evidently it's new for this year. They found a metric buttload of them at their distributor, and put an order in for dad. He can't wait.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Give us a range report and initial finding when he gets it as in it's current state of condition when recieved and such and how it shoots and what it shoot well. I want one but I will wait to know wether they are GTG or not.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. I know he's excited about it. Lord only knows the years I've spent hunting down the Winchester and Marlin versions, only to have them out of budget and out of production. He even considered a Circuit Judge rifle for awhile, but even that was just a bit out of budget.

I'll post up the initial report when it comes in, as well as the range report when we get out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good question

:):) Does anyone else have trouble in loading this gun? It's hard to get the shells in and not cut your finger.Just got mine Just seems it should be eazy.Any help?Thank's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts