Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine may sell me his S&W M22A. He has offered it to me for a better than fair price, but I've never even heard of it. He does have a few spare parts with it, such as recoil springs/metal guide rod, buffers, firing pins/springs, and a complete bolt assembly. According to the serial number, it is one of the last ones off the floor before they axed it for the Victory Model. I've shot it, and not one hiccup unless you try to race it. It would do double taps fine, but hated mag dumps. It kind of reminds me of the Beretta Neos with a better grip.

What say ye? Worth picking up for around a Franklin?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have one, bought as a used looked like new never fired gun. I think its ugley, but its a tac driver. Its worth it for Frankin. I think they where marketed as a inexepensive get into comp shooting 22.

·
Super Moderator
17,695 Posts
I'd buy it, and I already have one. One of the most comfortable grips I've ever used (shape and material). Excellent trigger for an inexpensive gun. Simple to strip. Mine runs just about any ammo. Very accurate. I have to say that I never tried a "mag dump" with it. I'm not sure why I would, but to each his own.

You have to swap out the recoil buffer every once in a while, but that's no big deal. Not a bad idea to keep some spare parts on a discontinued pistol. They are worth more than they are selling for and they are selling for more than $100.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I picked it up a bit ago. One of the reasons he let me have it so cheap was I helped him replace his well pump controls and wire in a backup genset for it. Easy job, just time consuming running all the fresh wiring. Only came with one magazine, so will be nabbing a couple more before they disappear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts