Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
At least the local news man, got it right! Those buy backs do not stop crime, or even reduce it. He got facts back as far as 18 years ago. I live just across the river from Price Hill, in Cincinnati and used to work that area, 40 plus years ago. You needed a gun even then if you lived or worked there.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least the local news man, got it right! Those buy backs do not stop crime, or even reduce it. He got facts back as far as 18 years ago. I live just across the river from Price Hill, in Cincinnati and used to work that area, 40 plus years ago. You needed a gun even then if you lived or worked there.
Years ago I used to work a sales territory that was centered on 8th and State. Luckily I was selling a tire sealant, and part of my 'sales kit' was a tire and an ice pick. I was glad I had that ice pick on more than one occasion. I don't go down there anymore unless I've got something that generates high-speed lead.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i will bet the majority of the guns turned in aren't worth $100.00 or if they are not much more.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
i will bet the majority of the guns turned in aren't worth $100.00 or if they are not much more.
I doubt that they see any Kimbers come through the turn in line, or any other high-dollar handgun.

Probably mostly zip-guns and Saturday night specials.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Down here several old gun traders would gather up all the junk guns they could find. One of the churches was paying$50.00 each for any handgun. Do not know why they are not doing it now?

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They had a picture of the pile in the local media yesterday. Looked like a bunch of million-year-old saturday night specials with a high point on top of the pile. Another misguided use of taxpayer money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts