Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are always lots of nosey questions like this around here, so I figure why not ask. I suppose I could have it as a poll, but that's too involved.

And yes, I know that once you buy a new gun it's used. :) Got to thinking about this because it seems the vast majority of guns on display in most shops are new (even more so with online sellers), but most of the guns I own I bought used. There are shops like Simpson's in IL that have a huge used inventory of vintage and used, but my feeling is they're the exception. I might be wrong.

But of all the guns you own NOW, how many were bought used, percentage wise?

For me, it's 75% used.

Again, this is for guns I own now.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
28.6% came to me used (back when I had guns).

Reactions: Rossi

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
About 50/50. I buy new when it's a deal. But a lot of the stuff I want is available used, or only available used.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) Hey, if you think this question is too nosey, you should've seen it before I edited it. I was also asking which brand of new guns you had the most of, too. Then I realized that someone smarter than me (which is most) could cipher up a number on your entire inventory.

No, I really don't work for the Government...but they may try to hire me after this thread :)

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
67% used, 33% new in box. Just because it's in the used case doesn't mean it's no good. My heart breaks for those orphaned firearms sitting behind glass, something in me just can't walk by and leave them unnoticed.

·
Administrator
40,270 Posts
That would be 11% of the guns I currently own, were bought used. That doesn't take into consideration, some given to me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Guns? Those are those evil things that kill people, right? Nope...don't have any of those things...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
About 30% new the rest used I like bargains :)

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
60% bought new, 40% bought used or gifted used and those were in either mint or near mint condition and mostly 60's and 70's vintage.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
60% new, 40% used! Of course I no longer have any after that terrible kayaking accident I had last year!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
About 50/50 in my safe but that is because when I was a young lad, I could only afford used. Now that I am nearing "seasoned citizen" status, the NIB have been in vogue for me. My last 3 purchases have all been new, BUT.....I am currently looking for the right deal on a nice used shotgun in 12 auto or 20 auto or pump. If I can't find a decent deal, then I'll buy that new also.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
All of mine were new...at one time. Right now it's roughly 65% used 35% new. Hopefully I'll be adding to the "new" list soon!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! Seems like I've bought more used guns proportionally than most people here. Kind of surprised about that. I always knew I was a cheap skate, I just didn't realize I was a bigger cheapskate than most people. And for some reason, I thought the guys from Texas would be more in the used camp. Don't know why. Because they're traditionalists, I suppose.

Oh well, guess I better report my findings to my shadowy connections in big government. :)

Oh, and sorry about the bad syntax of my title. Just noticed it. Don't know what caused that (aside from age, poor eyesight, poor cognitive abilities....)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts