Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious with most people opting for a compact or snub nose.. i gots to thinking whats on the other side of the scale? whats the largest gun you've ever tried to CC.. was you successful in it?

Bonus points for pictures. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
I carried my Ruger SuperBlackhawk Hunter... 44 mag with 7 1/2 in barrel in a shoulder holster a couple of times under my lightweight jacket and got away with it...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Ruger Stainless Security-Six .357 with 4" bbl, carried both IWB and shoulder holster.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd say it's a toss up. Concealed a 4" Taurus 65 in an off brand belt scabbard, using an untucked, unbuttoned cover shirt. I love carrying that wheelgun but boy it get's heavy. I also carry a Beretta 92 every Wednesday night to my IDPA shoot, but I cheat and use a 5.11 vest for concealment. (To make the Beretta conceal carry valid, sometimes I do stop to get gas and Gatorade on the way.)

JLaw

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Ruger 4-inch Redhawk in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i carry my Springfield XD45acp 5" in a shoulder rig about half the time. I've been eyeing a Taurus model 65 4" at a local shop, I'd probably carry that in a shoulder rig as well, or a nice IWB if I can find one.

usually i pocket or IWB carry my Beretta 21a, i'd like to step it up to either the Taurus 65 or a 605, either one in .357 mag.

·
Registered
89 Posts
a full size 1911

right now I carry either my Ruger KP345 or a Taurus P745 Mill Pro both with a IWB holster

·
Administrator
40,179 Posts
Four inch S&W Mod. 28 Highway patrolman, belt holster under a jacket. Didn't like it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I can conceal a full size 1911 IWB with an untucked tee shirt no problem.

I've talked before about having a 3" N frame (629) that I liked the holster better than the gun. With a good cover garment I was able to do it. And for the bonus points, here's a pic from when I had it on Gunbroker.

Steelheart

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
What kind of holster is that Steely? Something like that would be perfect for my 3 inch GP-100. (It's in a Bianchi Black Widow right now)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya thats a nice lookin holster Steelheart, wondering what kind as well.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Milt Sparks model PMK. I haven't checked recently but last time I stopped by the site there was a 6 month back-log.

Lightning Arms Sports does stock Sparks holsters but there is a mark up (I'd give a link but I'm on my phone right now). I've never heard anything but great service from Lightning Arms. There's a good chance that if you email them asking about what you are looking for, you'll have a reply before you head to bed.

A side note. I've looked for a cheaper knock-off of the PMK ever since. No luck.

Steelheart :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I've successfully carried a full sized (5inch barrel) PT101SS in a
shoulder holster, with outer garments. No problem. ;D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I used to have a 4" S&W model 29 that I carried a lot. Should have kept that one. Frank

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
30 years ago I carried a 6" S&W ( forget the model ) IWB once in awhile when I had
to go to North Minneapolis. (Plymouth Avenue for those of you from around here)
Now, the largest is pretty much an XD or Glock 4".

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
my 24/7 .45 with an IWB holster is about all i carry concealed, only other is a bersa 95 in the summer when i have nowhere to conceal much.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ruger GP100 6" 357 magnum with two spare speed loaders in a vertical shoulder holster. I felt invincible with that rig and it concealed remarkably well under a light jacket. I traded that gun in for a S&W M686 4" 357 magnum that has a better action and clears leather a little smoother.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts