Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Iowa resident permit to carry, and noticed that Minnesota won't honor it. Iowa will honor permits from Minnesota. Does anybody here know why this is? I wanted to go up to northern Minnesota camping this summer, and the wife wanted me to bring my 10mm for bear protection. Not gonna happen now. Looks like Minnesota doesn't honor a lot of states permits. Whats the deal???

·
Registered
339 Posts
MN requires live-fire training, if your state doesn't require it then they don't honor your permit. thats the reason they don't honor WI permits anyway.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have family over that way and when I go to visit I dont CC.They dont honor my Idaho resident or Washington non-resident permit.I dont go unarmed I just dont CC. Same goes when we go to Oregon for the wifes family functions,You wont catch me without a firearm at least close to my person. If you plan on camping id Imagine OC would work but make sure thats an option.If not then buy a can of bear spray,it works well.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I have an Iowa resident permit to carry, and noticed that Minnesota won't honor it. Iowa will honor permits from Minnesota. Does anybody here know why this is? I wanted to go up to northern Minnesota camping this summer, and the wife wanted me to bring my 10mm for bear protection. Not gonna happen now. Looks like Minnesota doesn't honor a lot of states permits. Whats the deal???
States full of Square Head's, Just kidding! my wife is from Minnesota every time i call her a sq head, she gets all bent out of shape and says their Round Heads ?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
There is currntly a bill in the MN. legislature addressing this issue and an expanded "Castle Doctrine" law. Communication with my State Senator brought out that he is proposing a Constitutional Amendment to put the RKBA language in the state constitution.

With the legislature once again in session I am spending 2 or 3 hours a day scanning new legislative bills and studying those which are of concern more closely. I speak out frequently on issues and therefore I am on a "First Name Basis" with my legislators at both the state and federal level. Some times they like me some times they don't the choice is up to them, but I rarely change my position! While we cannot always agree on all issues I reserve my right to support or campaign against them depending upon their over all position.

·
10,379 Posts
The list on that page are states permits that WI honors Steve, not necessarily the ones that honor ours. Best websites I've found for current reciprocity are: Handgunlaw.us (Gary's a member here) and Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Neither of which show MN accepting our licenses.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Even the Vikings are ready to leave Minnesota if someone calls and says they have a stadium for them. The only reason to go there is the Mall Of America IMO, and since i can't carry there it's off the list.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts