Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, we all got one of those lists, some have bigger lists than others, but we all have one. plain and simple, what is the top dog on your list of wanted firearms? my abbreviated list would have to include a pt 145, pt 25, pt 1911, compact (taurus) 357, a .338 lapau, ar-10, but by far the #1 gun would be a 50 bmg.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My list in order

1. PT1911 stainless
2. 24/7 OSS .45 or 9mm
3. PT809b
4. 24/7 Compact .45
5. Raging bull .500 10 inch barrel
6. FNH FNP9

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
PT1911 SS Commander
24/7 OSS .45

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
PT1911 (any model other then the one I have)
PT917c (blued)
PT909 (blued and ported)
PT809
PT24/7 OSS (with Black Frame in 9mm or 45cal)
PT24/7 (stainless long slide in 9mm or 45cal)

Then I will start buying some Taurus revolvers...

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
1.) PT1911
2.) 24/7 OSS .45 ACP
3.) PT809-B
4.) Raging Bull .44 Magnum
5.) PT100 SS w/ mother-of-pearl grips and gold accents.

Talking about the PT100 with Bowhair so much made me want #5. Darn you Bowhair. :p LOL

For Non-Taurus firearms, the XD Tactical in .45 ACP and a Ruger Mini-14 are also on the list. :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
be nice to snag a Taurus Carbine, but I doubt we will see those little toys here in the US.

·
Registered
264 Posts
1. A Bushmaster AR15A3 with a 20 inch barrel and standard stock.
2. A slim, single stack, DA/SA, decocker in 9mm
3. A 12 guage/.223 breakover rifle that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. (NEF are you listening?)
4. A 24/7 OSS in .45

Taurus_9mm: I saw a guy carrying a Mini 14 at Market Hall today for sale for $400 or trade for an AK. NIB going for $550 or so. At that price it's approaching AR territory. I traded mine for an AK and 1000 rounds of Wolf. Wish I had it back. :-\

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Gopher said:
1. A Bushmaster AR15A3 with a 20 inch barrel and standard stock.
2. A slim, single stack, DA/SA, decocker in 9mm
3. A 12 guage/.223 breakover rifle that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. (NEF are you listening?)
4. A 24/7 OSS in .45

Taurus_9mm: I saw a guy carrying a Mini 14 at Market Hall today for sale for $400 or trade for an AK. NIB going for $550 or so. At that price it's approaching AR territory. I traded mine for an AK and 1000 rounds of Wolf. Wish I had it back. :-\

I recently purchased a Taurus PT909, which exactly matches your #2 want on your list. I do see them floating around and I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Good question! I have been buying a LOT of guns recently so I'm not sure that I have a real NEED or WANT that I haven't jumped on already. I do want some accessories:
1) Scope rail for my new Tracker .22LR
2) Red dot scope for my M44 and my .22LR Tracker
3) A good holster for each of the above mentioned.

I wouldn't mind having a carbine in .357 Mag/.38.

Todd

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I guess I'll toss in my wish list but I try to keep it realistic. Since I just got that AR I doubt I'll have any money for a new toy for a while but you never know what you'll see for a great price.

In no particular order:
44 magnum revolver (either a 44TrackerSS4 or a M44SS4)
357 magnum revolver (undecided at to frame size and model)
38 special revolver (lightweight small frame with bobbed or covered hammer)

A Rock River Arms AR-10 (7.62 NATO AR that uses FAL mags) would be great but its a ways down the road.

Steelheart

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
I kinda want a Remington Spartan M453 semi auto shotgun (2 3/4 to 3.5" interchangable). I'm a die hard waterfowler and I've heard a lot of good about this shotgun. Just wish it were available in camo finish.

·
Registered
625 Posts
native, have you looked at the Winchester Super X2 shotguns? Gander Mountain is closing them out and you can get a new one for around $599. That's an AWESOME DEAL!!!

Todd

·
Registered
356 Posts
A 24/7 compact in .40 S&W
A PT809
A Taurus CIA .38
My PT940 back (I miss that gun. Sniffle)
A Ruger 93 (another gun I miss. Budgets are the pits)
A new SIG 245 (a guy can dream)

I could go on...

It's a sickness. I must resist. I MUST resist. I MUST RESIST. Oh what the heck - gunbroker.com is SO close at hand... ::)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
steelheart i know there is a 44 in the classified section, i bought his 454 and 500, good guy, a little hard to get ahold of though. i have a t/c 44 w/ the red dot or i would have probably bought it. i saw a shotgun you had up, i am looking for a utility shot gun but decided the distance was to far to pursue it.

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
BoneDigger said:
native, have you looked at the Winchester Super X2 shotguns? Gander Mountain is closing them out and you can get a new one for around $599. That's an AWESOME DEAL!!!

Todd
Yeah, that's 3 hundred off the MSRP I was quoted on one, excellent. Winchester went under a while back, guess they're getting rid of 'em. Unfortunately, by the time I'm ready to buy, the sale will be over. Be nice to have a bunch of cash stashed for such events, wouldn't it? LOL

I have an old Winchester 1400 and a Mossberg camo M500. I love shooting the 1400, so easy on the shoulder, but it only chambers 2 3/4" loads. The M500 chambers 3" if I feel I need it, like for goose hunting and late season ducks, but I'm going to try some new ammo this year in the Winchester, hyper velocity stuff that's supposed to really bring 'em down, even long range decoy shy late season ducks. The stuff shoots 1550 fps with #3s from a 2 3/4". I'm hoping that will turn my Winchester into what I want it to be, LOL. I do have the Mossy, I'm just getting old and tired of the pounding from 3" out of that thing. Gas guns are so sweet to shoot! I shoot hevi shot on geese with that Mossy, though, and it really does the job on big snows. I don't goose hunt near as often as I duck hunt, though, so I'm thinkin' the old Winchester will do for now through next season at least. The high speed stuff does pattern well out of it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Winchester is still in business, they only closed the New Haven plant. Along with the plant went the Model 1300 shotgun and Model 94 rifle. Winchester is still makiing the Super X2 and Super X3 shotguns and will be for a long time. The ones they have for sale are the synthetic with soft touch grips (very nice) and the walnut stocked versions. I personally am a Walnut fan, since I like to get good wood (Did I just say that outloud?). They do layaways for 90 days, so you might want to go get one! In fact, I have a brand new in the box Stoeger 2000 I recently bought that I'll sell you for $300, then I can go buy a Winchester!

Todd

1 - 20 of 108 Posts