Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cruising the Taurus web site under the Whats New section.

Found this new model with a hybrid frame advertised.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

I have to say it's a tempting idea and I will probably own one of these when they become available.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Interesting would like to see that in .45 ACP also.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
It is an interesting concept. I just hope they have taken the time to work most of the bugs out before it get put on the market in a more widespread manner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does not appear to be available anywhere yet. I found one site that is taking pre-orders.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It's called the 2011.

If they don't get on the ball and release it soon...they'll have to change the name.

I do like the looks of the pistol, though.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I have a feeling that it will be renamed or go the way of the 800 series .22 conversion kits. Drum up some buzz for the product and shelve it when it was suppose to release. If there's one thing I wish Taurus would do, it would be to minimize their production line and put clear focus on their upcoming models. It usually helps to bring longevity and consistency to production, like Glock and a few others have done. Just doing that would bring their reputation up significantly in the firearms world.

Reactions: prb

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
From the picture it looks like the slide will ride on metal half the length of the pistol - as opposed to riding on four small metal inserts.
Add to that the Glock takedown and (pretty please!) the sweet PT709 trigger.
If that's the case, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one.

Now... what to trade?...what to trade?...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts