Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They want to make it a crime for me to own a weapon that I legally purchased. For me it comes back to what this coming administration might have planned that makes them fear law abiding citizens owning weapons that better allow us to defend ourselves. The weapons I own, semi-automatic or otherwise, have never hurt a sole and are completely defensive in nature. Governments cannot make that statement, least of all Communist governments.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I but we still have hopes of stopping his plans if we can retain the needed seats in the Senate and then there is always the judiciary which hopefully would prevent his wish list from coming true. I'm hoping we can get a discussion going on a subject that might affect quite a few of us.
Send $ to the Senate races in Georgia ASAP. Without one of those two seats, the Senate is tied 50-50, and Kamala gets to earn her 'bones' by trashing the 2A.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Send $ to the Senate races in Georgia ASAP. Without one of those two seats, the Senate is tied 50-50, and Kamala gets to earn her 'bones' by trashing the 2A.
Already sent donations to both candidates, but that still doesn't make allowances for RINO senators. Sen. Toomey has been known to pander to the left in Philly and Pittsburgh by favoring certain types of gun control, especially as it relates to ARs and AKs. Then we have several loose cannons such as Romney with no telling which way he would vote on any issue. I guess what I'm saying is that control of the senate is no guarantee against Biden's gun control schemes. I think a Biden Presidency will be one of reversing everything good that Trump did, boosting what he's calling BidenCare, defunding the military and attempting to get ARs, AKs and magazines that hold more than 10 rounds out of public hands. One thing he can't reverse are the judicial appointments Trump made.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fortunately/unfortunately the president can't do much of anything by himself (Exhibit A - Jimmy Carter). This is the best/worst thing about our government. It prevents one individual from overturning years of framework while simultaneously creating years of quagmire. Gotta love/hate our way of government!

·
Registered
9 Posts
NOW is the time to join the NRA. true it is far from perfect, but its what we got to work with. yes i know Wayne L. and Olli N., expensive cloths, mismanagement, "gun writers" that are " in the know" making sweeping statements with no names or prof, "i had X bad experience the the NRA",blah blah blah............. JMHO a good protion of anti NRA gun owners don't want to pony up the $30 and would rather sit on the side line running their pie hole, and sniping at people that do.

·
Registered
489 Posts
One trump card (pun intended) we have is the Supreme Court leaning conservative- as long as the dems don’t get 50/50 in the senate- since much of what Biden wants on gun control has already been declared unconstitutional in previous challenges. There’s also the argument that his ‘fees’ would disproportionately affect minorities All those inner city youths with 33 round Glock magazines would have a hard time raising the $200 to pay for their magazines, and then another $200 for the gun that accepts a magazine capable of holding more than ten rounds. It would be racist to do that to them.

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

How is money going to help anything? If you live in Georgia why even bother to vote? (sarcasm) What is going to stop the Democrats in Georgia from doing the same thing they did the first week of November? Georgia has a governor and secretary of state that seems to want to help the Democrats repeat what happened before.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How is money going to help anything? If you live in Georgia why even bother to vote? (sarcasm) What is going to stop the Democrats in Georgia from doing the same thing they did the first week of November? Georgia has a governor and secretary of state that seems to want to help the Democrats repeat what happened before.
Buy votes or bribe election officials?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've renewed my membership and sent GOA some bucks also. Also sent money to Colorado gun owners. I'm broke now. I will be opening one of my emergency food buckets. This is only short term. I made the last payment on my land out east of Denver now to build my range. I have a sea can set up and built a cover for the area I will be using as the shooting area. That's why I have no cash on hand.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
One trump card (pun intended) we have is the Supreme Court leaning conservative-
I couldn't disagree more, EXECUTIVE ACTION is what these leftists are proposing, ie increasing the taxes, 'fees' in their parlance, and including semi-autos and 'large' ie their distinction, magazines. These would be collected thru the ATF, just like the taxes on full autos. Any lawyers in the house? Can this be done without Senate confirmation?

·
Registered
31,897 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,014 Posts
I just renewed with the NRA. While I hate what they have done in the last 10-15 years, they still have the gravitas to capture attention on Capitol Hill.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Yes, say as much defeatist and negative things about taking action to stem the tide of these leftists. Poo-poo any action that could stop/stymie their efforts. Do nothing yourself except mouth negativity. Think about what just happened. The Blue Wave did NOT materialize, the left LOST votes in the House and did not gain a majority in the Senate. The conservative cause and the 2A are still in a position of absolute strength in the USA. Trump LOST because he is Trump. The election was NOT stolen, Trump lost it, by the lack of virtue he demonstrated, and by his general ignorance, stupidity, and childishness. The same attributes that have him screaming the election was stolen from him. He was short of $$ throughout the election because Wall Street would not back him like they did four years ago. Trump LOST, but that doesn't mean 2A is dead as long as we fight. Fight with $$, backing the candidates who can defend the 2nd. Silly people are salting away pallets of ammo, racks of guns, and for what? How many firefights do you really thing you can survive? Fighting for the 2nd MUST happen at the Ballot Box. If it goes to the cartridge box, we, and the country, have lost. Send $$ to the Senate candidacies in Georgia. Let's get both, but one should do.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I couldn't disagree more, EXECUTIVE ACTION is what these leftists are proposing, ie increasing the taxes, 'fees' in their parlance, and including semi-autos and 'large' ie their distinction, magazines. These would be collected thru the ATF, just like the taxes on full autos. Any lawyers in the house? Can this be done without Senate confirmation?
If they can or can’t doesn’t mean they won’t try. I could be wrong on this, but I don’t think the president has authority to impose a tax through executive order. They can call the payment whatever they want, but when it’s parallel to an existing tax, they’re going to have a hard time proving it to be something else.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have been wondering how long it would take for someone to see the election was lost by Trump. He too is showing signs of dementia. I will continue to give support to the candidates in Georgia.

We need to put our heads together and come up with some serious good candidates and start backing them in two years we can make Joe a lame duck from both houses of congress.

I hate that Trump lost. I voted for him. But only because of 2nd amendment.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Given the way things are in the US at the moment I think Joe will be tied up with a lot of other stuff before he gets round to gun controls. It's not just the pandemic, there are a lot of 'fences' he wants to mend with other countries, not to mention G20, the UN, the WHO etc. Will he ever get around to gun controls? Yes, I believe he will.. eventually, and as has been said it will probably rest in the hands of the court..

Just an observation from across the Pond.
Well, he will use EO's as much as possible...sadly, Trump opened that Pandora's Box with his Bump Stock ban, and the NRA backed him in this.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
If they can or can’t doesn’t mean they won’t try. I could be wrong on this, but I don’t think the president has authority to impose a tax through executive order. They can call the payment whatever they want, but when it’s parallel to an existing tax, they’re going to have a hard time proving it to be something else.
Maybe, maybe not.

One avenue Biden might be able to take is an EO to define 'assault rifle', and direct that anything meeting the definition be added as a regulated category to NFA/34, or maybe direct BATFE to convolute their identification of what constitutes an 'assault rifle' to enable the bureau to regulate the evil AKs, ARs, et al. as 'machine guns' under that law.

Given his '$200 tax' comments, that could be where Biden is heading. An end-run around congress, especially if the senate doesn't flip to dem control.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Maybe, maybe not.

One avenue Biden might be able to take is an EO to define 'assault rifle', and direct that anything meeting the definition be added as a regulated category to NFA/34, or maybe direct BATFE to convolute their identification of what constitutes an 'assault rifle' to enable the bureau to regulate the evil AKs, ARs, et al. as 'machine guns' under that law.

Given his '$200 tax' comments, that could be where Biden is heading. An end-run around congress, especially if the senate doesn't flip to dem control.
Biden does have Obama in his corner too, and wasn’t Obama a constitutional law professor at one point?

21 - 40 of 125 Posts