Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In '08' or '09', I ordered mine from a local store and they had it in the next day for a little over $300. If I recall, several were available on GunBroker bid page also. Now that model seems very hard to find in any barrel length. Is Taurus concentrating on the Tracker models ? Has the price increase killed sales ? I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay the ~$600+ today. Could Taurus be on a different model assembling cycle like Ruger ? I hate to see such a quality piece so difficult for new or current Taurus shooters to buy one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah I remember when the M44 was avaliable back in early August of last year. Gun stores had em, my LGS had em, Gunbroker had em, online shops, everywhere. I ran into the same problems of trying to find my M44 SS6.5 this year, month really. Went to buy, no one had them in stock, and resorted (panicked really) to buying from GB. Got it, shot it, loved it. More than loved it, this is Model 44 is now in my top 2 favorite handguns, next to a S&W 4506.

It's not the price increase that killed sales, it's just a ported .44 Magnum, vented top barrel, target sight, with a lifetime warranty, Big Frame Revolver. It was not a $1,200 production S&W M629/629PFC (nothing wrong with them), so the low price and all the options on it made it popular I think.

I just wanted it because of BF3, it's now my primary EDC, Home Defense, and SHTF/TimeToRunFromRussians/LolZombies gun.

It's just a cool, popular, lots of features on it, .44 Magnum Revolver, that is decently priced. What's not to want?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've had an eye out for one of these for a while and have also noticed that they don't turn up very often any longer. When they do appear, they are gone in short order. To my knowledge, my LGS has had only one in stock over the last year. I suspect that Taurus produces various models in a cycle in quantities based on solid orders and perceived demand.

·
32,527 Posts

·
32,527 Posts
Don't see M44 ss4 in that bunch, Quicks Draw. Did I miss something?
There nine in that mix right now. One has to click on Taurus Revolvers and then on the left side of the page for .44 magnum.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree there are several Trackers on that page, but I haven't seen more than two 6 hole M44 SS4's at one time in years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought both the SS4 and 6.5 inch last month from one of my usual internet dealers. However about a week or so after purchase (I watch because of the pay plan protection and actually caught a screen capture of a $59 price drop that was up for only about 10 minutes and did get the money back from the pay protection plan) they seem to have disappeared from that site, and the others that I frequent.

Very respectfully,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts