Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 10841 Posts

·
10,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having an old standbye: Tuna Casserole

It's not fancy, but, it's good and filling (and I've yet to meet a kid that doesn't like it)

Gonna need:

16oz bag of wide noodles or elbow macaroni (I prefer the noodles)
Bag of frozen peas
1 can cr. of mush. soup
1 can cr. of chix soup
½ C. mayo (I use Miracle Whip/Salad Dressing)
½ soup can milk (2%)
rounded tsp. of yellow mustard
1 can tuna- drained
2 C. shredded yellow cheese
Roll of Ritz type crackers crushed with 4 Tbs. butter for topping.

Preheat the oven to 350

I generally mix the soups, milk, mustard, mayo, tuna, peas, and cheese while I'm waiting on the noodles to cook.

Once the noodles are done I drain them and leave them in the colander while melting the butter to let them drain well.

Fold them into the soup mixture and spread the whole mess into a greased 2 qt. casserole dish

Mix the crushed crackers with the butter and sprinkle/spread it over the casserole.

Throw the lid on and bake it for 40-45 minutes or until the top is brown and the casserole is bubbling.

A few pics of the prep. I'll snag a picture when it comes out of the oven.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Baked pork ribs with lots of sweet baby rays (cant grill yet too friggin cold!)baked taters and green beans, and milch lotsa milch cause a few years ago I could not drink it so now I want to swim in it and ice cream for dessert.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
just cant do Hot Tuna. Funny just saw this post and the wife just asked How about scrambled eggs and toast for dinner"
Whats up with that. I thought I was the only one that felt that way. For some reason I just can't do it.

Left over's for me.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
This.

Reactions: seafra and duppie

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Jerky and beer tonight, still messing with backups and a new puter install tonight.
Sorry wrong post, didn't mean to hijack.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I got on this brats in a blanket kick lately. Grill the brats or links first, even did wieners tonight, then wrapped biscuits around smaller pieces and popped them in the oven. Quick and cheap meal.

Reactions: Wolf1477 and Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Grilled turkey kielbasa, boiled potatoes and cabage. Think it's time for Jello!

·
10,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the kids informed me of the weekend's menu tonight.

Saturday breakfast: eggs and biscuits & gravy
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: chicken fried steak & gravy, mashed red potatoes, and corn on the cob
Dessert: apple pie with sharp cheddar and vanilla ice cream

Sunday breakfast: omelets and hashbrowns
Lunch: soup and grilled cheese
Dinner: pigs in blankets (bacon wrapped hotdogs wrapped in bread dough and baked), mac&cheese, brussels sprouts (yes, my kids request brussels sprouts<g>)

Eesh, lookin at that list it's no wonder why I can't lose any weight. Takes a lot of dedication to maintain a physique like mine<g>

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Tonight i am going to attempt to make my own Goulash ! I got my ingredients and will start in a short while and when i get it done i'll take a picture and add the recipe of my very own i'm using ! Last week someone else mentioned Goulash and i've been thinking of it every day this week so tonight , .... GOULASH with Yellow CORNBREAD !

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
We had a big lunch so tonights dinner is BEER... BURP..:)

Reactions: LonestarJake

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Fried egg sandwich for brunch (got up late) - tonight was grilled pork chops, mashed baby reds w/garlic, french cut geen beans - a bacardi/diet :)

·
Super Moderator
26,909 Posts
Wife hates hot tuna..I love it...tks for the recipe.
Tonight we are having thick pork steaks filled with stovetop in curry sauce. Southwestern hash browns, from "simply potatos" and stir fried green beans in bacon grease.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Briskett, pork ribs, green beans and cole slaw. Peacock's Mesquite Grill, Anson TX.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 10841 Posts