Taurus Firearm Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
The issue that I find is that the gun has to come off the hip and into the coat pocket as trying to deploy it quickly from beneath 2 or 3 layers is almost impossible.
What I do is tuck shirt etc behind it so coat is the cover garment. Just gotta remember if going to a restaurant or something....wait, doesn't matter as it's all takeout right now! LOL

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
What I do is tuck shirt etc behind it so coat is the cover garment. Just gotta remember if going to a restaurant or something....wait, doesn't matter as it's all takeout right now! LOL
You've gotta remember that he lives in Niflheim and has to bundle up like Nanook of the North any time that he goes outdoors this time of year.

His problem is that he's got so many layers between his hand and his pistol when it's on his hip that it might as well be back at the house.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
Favorite carry weapon, my brain. Situational awareness will save you a lot of grief.
Truer statements have seldom been made here or anywhere else. It may even highlight a point that we might become a bit more complacent about such things because we are armed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Favorite carry weapon, my brain. Situational awareness will save you a lot of grief.
Got that right. If I had been a bit more vigilant while sitting in my vehicle instead of looking at the phone, I wouldn't have ended up with some punk pointing a loaded .40 cal pistol at my head, safety off, finger on trigger. Never again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Generally an M&P shield with mag-guts extensions, but more and more I found myself switching to the 856 instead just for pure ease of carry.

·
Registered
24,668 Posts
Well, call me old fashioned but I still carry my PT111G2. I am sure that 13 rounds will get the job done.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts