Taurus Firearm Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
27,429 Posts
24/7 OSS Tactical.

5.5" bbl; 12+1 .45ACP.

Passivated stainless steel under the black coating.

What's not to like?

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Afraid my first choice is my Ruger SR9c- liked it so much had it engraved, trigger work...best holsters I own are for her. But gotta say, when I can;t manage her for some reason, my 738 is great. Dependable, with new ammo I feel perfectly safe, and sits so well in any pocket.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
S&W M&P 40 Shield with an SR40c carried about equally, with the former for times when deep concealment is required.
Great minds must think alike.
Exact pair that I choose between to carry when not working.

SR1911 when working at the SO.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Taurus PT-99

·
Registered
8,799 Posts

·
Registered
24,668 Posts
I carry my PT111G2 every day.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has to be my FrankenGlock(G19 upper on a G26 frame) and my M85UL.
I always thought they went the wrong way with the 19X, should have been G17 upper on a G19 frame and call It the 17X It's always easier to conceal a short grip, slide length Isn't the Issue.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
It all began half a century ago with a little .25ACP Colt Jr. Then I began to think about power, so it was a S&W 36 Chief's Special. That worked well for long time until sweat made it look unsightly (No, "plain junky") so I went for a Charter Arms Undercover (it fit the holsters I had for the 36 perfectly). I found the Bucheimer "Federal Man" holster and carried a 1911A1 until I found a S&W Model 39. Plus, there was an awful lot of other stuff tried on a short-term basis, like a 4" Colt "Official Police", S&W Model 19 's in 2-1/2" , one in 4", a Browning HP, a BHP clone in 40S&W.

But the Kel Tec P-11 came on the market (@1995, I guess) and with its own belt-clip that made holsters thoroughly unneccessary, - - and that has been my EDC ever since. No external safety, DAO, 8 lb trigger pull, 11 rounds.

My "Sunday, go-to-meetin' gun" has been the Kel Tec P3AT, in a special pocket-within-a-pocket sewn inside my right pants pocket. Keeps the gun in position and close to reach and up, out of the lint and stuff that collects in the bottom of the pocket.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Taurus TH9C.
I like the size (about the same as a G2C).
I like the capacity (14+1 after installing a new magazine baseplate from Galloway Precision).
I like that it has a decocker, a manual safety, and a DAO trigger.
I like that it has a hammer.

·
22,477 Posts
Slight changes since I last posted in this thread. I now usually carry what I've always regarded as my dream carry gun. Accurate, reliable, rugged, great ergos even for a 1911, night sights..

Second most carried, because revolvers make it quick and easy to switch from JHP to FMJ (which are better for fuzzy attackers).

I also carry this a lot around the house or on neighborhood walks with the dogs. First two rounds are snakeshot, the rest are FMJ. Light as a feather, and with a real grip on it, it's pretty comfortable to shoot.

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
In current position is the Kimber Micro 9 with IMI 115 grain HP. 7 +1 in the gun and two 8 round mags on the weak side. I may change back to the S&W Shield 45 ACP in the next few days.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
The one thing I like about colder weather is it's easier to carry just about anything owb or iwb!

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
well its two actually depending on where I am heading and what i am wearing.
usually lately its my Sig 365, but the CZ P-01 is also certainly carried quite a bit.
both are flawless in operation, accurate and easy on the hip.

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
The one thing I like about colder weather is it's easier to carry just about anything owb or iwb!
The issue that I find is that the gun has to come off the hip and into the coat pocket as trying to deploy it quickly from beneath 2 or 3 layers is almost impossible.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
My KelTec PF 9 for hot days, my Thrasher 9 on cooler days. Both single stack 9s

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
Been a while since I've posted here but since ~ October 1 I've been carrying my Sig P320 compact in 357 Sig. Still open carry.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts