Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may or may not have purchased a lower or two to build my first AR. I've never owned one and only shot maybe 5 rounds through one. There are a 1000 places online who sell AR parts. What is a good company to deal with. Good price, quality parts and good customer service are important to me. I only need a lower build kit for now. Not sure what way I'm going to go with the upper yet.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Yup... for my short time in the AR game now, PSA has stood out to be my favorite so far.

Aim Surplus also did well for me.

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
190 Posts
Definitely PSA. They have great sales from time to time. Check them out. Built 3 rifles from their stuff. All 3 worked flawlessly. Shipping is either good or long wait. Possibly due to their overwhelming great deals.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies so far. I have had good luck with ebay. I would like to get a relationship going with a seller. I will check out PSA and scan ebay.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Depends on what you are building and budget

Suppliers that I've used

Mas Defense (barrels)
Joe Bob Outfitters
PSA
AIM Surplus
Sportsman's Warehouse
ADCO
Amazon
eBay
Optics Planet
CameraLand NY (TA Sponsor!)
Bison Armory
Gun Broker
Midway
Ares Armor - Polymer 80s
Stag
DPMS
CDNN
Brownell's
Yankee Hill Machine
Multiple LGS and gunsmiths
Cabela's (with a discount card)
TA and other forum SALE pages

Many smaller brand name fabricators/distributors/sellers are available through other mass sellers like PSA - often at lower prices than buying direct.

I checked a few build sheets - some of these are 1 time hits - others like PSA, Joe Bob, AIM etc. are go to suppliers.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I've heard good things about PSA, Del-Ton and Primary Arms and have nothing but positive things to say about AIM Surplus based on my own experience. So many players in this market.

Reactions: sandman 11 and YOT

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
All good places mentioned so far. I've dealt with all of them. But Primary Arms shipped me something at midnight that I didn't order til 6:00AM. That's how fast their CS is. :)

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Ken Arnold CSA, Bourbon City Tactical and Fat Boy Tactical all offer flat rate shipping.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually got a good deal at my LGS. His prices on an AR lower parts kit and adjustable stock was very fair. I was happy too give him the business and I have all the parts to finish a lower.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts