Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dealing locally so no offers here please but I have a guy who wants to trade steel cased wolf 9mm for my high velocity 22lr. I have 500 rounds at about .08 cents a round invested. How many rounds of steel cased 9mm should I ask for?

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
When both parties are happy, it was a good trade. But the bean counter in me wants to figure per round cost basis. Then you need to figure who wants it the most. Did I officially kick all the tires! :p

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, I know what you're saying. I've never bought steel case 9 before and I don't know what to believe on the web sites. I kind of wanted some opinions from the fine people here. I've shot it just not bought it.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Steel cased 9mm is either Tula or Monarch, maybe brown bear. I would not pay more than $0.26 per round for steel cased commie block 9mm. So, 3 rounds of .22 per round of 9mm. You have a good commodity with the .22 HV, and because of the need some young shooters have for .22, I'd stay with the formula of 3 to 1.

I would have to need 9mm very badly to trade my .22 for it, or it would have to be a friend I was trying to help out.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I'd ask for 6 boxes (300 rounds) but I'd take 5. But it depends on how "motivated" you both are, and your conscience. If you haven't shot Tula in your gun I'd be hesitant.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
My 709 and PT 99 both eat tulammo, dirty but doable. I was paying $9.98 per 50, pre hoard, at wally world. It is up to $10.34 now when I can get it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking 3:1 would be close to fair for these crazy times. I'd feel like a heal asking for 300 rounds to my 500, lol. Maybe I'll start at 250 and see what he counters at. We keep dancing around, neither of us doing a solid offer. I still have another brick if I get rid of these and I picked up a new to me XDM 5.25 over the weekend that I can't wait to shoot. I can see my 9mm stock getting destroyed this next weekend if I don't beef it up a little.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3:1 it is. I'll be trading 600 for 200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts