Super Moderator
34,941 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
My favorite, .270 Winchester, is about right. I love red plaid flannel shirt-jackets, and can be a real gentleman (cough,cough,gag).
But carve a bust of Jack O'Connor out of an apple or potato? Beyond my knife skills.

But they missed my favorite elk caliber: .338 Winchester Magnum. LOVE to see what they would say about that round.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Imagine my surprise when I saw that my favorite rifle round (.308), starts out by saying; "You are the middle child, the defiant one,"! Both of those are true about me, I am indeed the middle child, and I certainly was a wee bit defiant back in the day (until my Wife finished raising me!!). I was reading it to my Wife, and she just started laughing. She was certain that I was "ad libbing"!! lol

·
Super Moderator
34,941 Posts
Imagine my surprise when I saw that my favorite rifle round (.308), starts out by saying; "You are the middle child, the defiant one,"! Both of those are true about me, I am indeed the middle child, and I certainly was a wee bit defiant back in the day (until my Wife finished raising me!!). I was reading it to my Wife, and she just started laughing. She was certain that I was "ad libbing"!! lol
Well, I've a .308 and I'm an ONLY child. :D

·
Registered
14,585 Posts
what??? no 50 BMG? no 950 JDJ?

See part 2 of the article (post#14) for your answers - DRE.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Well, there is no .22LR or .22WMR on this list, but thankfully there was .45/70 at least. Sadly, I didn't find what they had to say on .45/70 particularly humorous nor accurate, but whatever.

They should do one of these for Revolver cartridges, Semiautomatic Pistol cartridges, and shotshells as well. Meh, they'd probably just repeat the .45/70 joke for .45 Long Colt and .45 ACP as well, but I'd be curious to see what cheeky jokes they'd come up with for other cartridges I like, especially more obscure ones like .38 Super Auto, 5.7x28 FN, and .357 SIG.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I only own the most germane of those cartridges listed (.223Rem and .308 Win) and neither is my "favorite" ... No 8mm Mauser, no 7.62x39... and no mention of .300 BLK...for shame...

...as for .22LR...

The .22LR affectionado tends to wear small shoes and small gloves...:eek:
;)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
30-30? The original, the first of the first, and the only one that will plod on, year after year, taking more deer than all the others COMBINED ! Old Reliable, and "FOGY", to be sure, but Eternal, popular and prolific.

Flash (Who thinks more of the poor, misbegotten .243 than any other of the "smaller" clibers)

·
Super Moderator
19,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Super Moderator
19,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Where was the .22lr comment at?
Weird...I see it....

The .22LR affectionado tends to wear small shoes and small gloves...

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Weird...I see it....

The .22LR affectionado tends to wear small shoes and small gloves...
Okay, can you provide a page link? Because I've found pg 2, and I couldn't find anything about .22 lr at all on that page. Is there some pg. 3? Or is it in the comments section, like this comment on pg. 2

In your part 3 (which is still not out) you have to include the .22lr!!! how could you have made two already without mentioning the greatest cartridge man has ever been known?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts