Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- You know your inventory of firearms. If for any reason you decided to voluntarily divest yourself of any of them, what would they be?

(Obviously, I'm thinking of a non-sentimental, seldom fired, marketable shooter that might fund a more desirable item- (gun, guitar, golf club, etc. ...)

Here are mine, in no particular order, nor am I offering them for sale in this thread-

Beretta Pico .380- Just not a good pistol

Taurus M380- I thought my wife might get into concealed carry, but first she had to be able to pull the trigger! (I find it stout...)

Jennings J25- Don't even ask me why I bought it. It looked so cute there in its pearl handle...

Taurus PT25- I love the look of the original rosewood grip, but if I were going to shoot it, I should have bought the .22...

Sig P320- Great gun! No complaints! Impulse buy- I'd only get rid of it for very, very close to what I paid. Just not a carry candidate for me.

Of my long guns, I'd keep 'em all.

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Years ago when I was young, dumb, and stupid, I sold guns that I later regretted. These days I suffer from wanting to downsize, but I have a problem on what to part with. If it has Marlin on it, I can't seem to part with any of them. I have a 57M made in the early 60's and a 39A made before Micro-Groove. I probably haven't used either in going on two years and I WILL NOT part with them. I last used my 1895 Cowboy 4 years for deer hunting, hasn't fired a shot since then and the 1894 Cowboy probably a year before it. I have 4 Marlin 120 Magnums. I have all kinds of factory barrels. One is a 38" MXR barrel and the other is a factory 28" slug barrel. I spent years looking for specific barrels.

I won't even go into Ruger, CZ, or Tanfoglio. :bang:

Maloy

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
I have three old shotguns, and an old .22 rifle I might part with. It would probably take selling them all to fund another nice firearm. Like I said, they are old, and they've seen a lot of use.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
You're barking up the wrong tree with me. Over the last 18 months, I have sold about 160 guns, mostly handguns. Most of them I never fired or seldom fired. I don't want my wife to get stuck with guns in an estate, so I'm trying to get it down to a dozen guns. Now I'm down to the hard ones to sort. It's ok, though, only 55 to go!

·
8,971 Posts
Sounds simple to me, get rid of everything except the P320 for now. and maybe keep the Pt25 as well. IT does have some value as the inventory of those for sale is pretty meager. The P320 won;t likely sell for what you paid, I am seeing them used already in the low $400 or high $300 price range. Also of all those mentioned it is likely the most accurate and reliable.

Reactions: Lomax

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I'm with you on the M380, that's the main reason mine is gone.

The only one really is my Springfield 1911 9mm. I thought I'd love it but I don't. I think I actually just don't care for the 9mm. Not really sure why. One day I'll run into a trade and it'll be gone.

I have a couple of Taurus 9mm's that I wouldn't miss much. But with the 9mm being so popular ya gotta have one, right? Plus I wouldn't get anything for them so I might as well keep them. They are good utility guns.

I have a Taurus 82 that's less than accurate compared to my other revolvers. Don't get me wrong it's not horrible, but it's on the bottom of the list. It pretty much adds a couple of inches to my group but is still plenty accurate enough for social purposes. Another utility gun.

Utility guns are eligible for trade.....

But these days I don't go looking for anything. If I run into something, fine. If not, I have plenty of guns to keep me busy.

·
Registered
17,306 Posts
You're barking up the wrong tree with me. Over the last 18 months, I have sold about 160 guns, mostly handguns. Most of them I never fired or seldom fired. I don't want my wife to get stuck with guns in an estate, so I'm trying to get it down to a dozen guns. Now I'm down to the hard ones to sort. It's ok, though, only 55 to go!

I'm kind of in the same boat as Fredward I think.
I am seriously thinking of gathering my herd and take it all up to my LGS and say
"Here, see what you can do with these."
My shooting days are just about over and I don't want them as a liability
for anyone when I'm sitting in a rocker talking to the third button down on my pajama tops.

·
Registered
172 Posts
H&K 45 Compact, hardly shoot it, doesn't feel comfortable in my hands.

It's probably the most expensive firearm I have and the only reason I haven't sold it yet is because it belonged to my brother who passed away in 2005.

I like my Taurus 709 Slim and FMK 9C1 more than the HK45c and they're cheaper to shoot.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I’m down to nothing left except the sentimental ones, with one exception... a PT738. It’s the only one I’d part with.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Well, I would likely part with my PT140. I shot it maybe 2-3 range trips after purchase but never since then. It does have sentimental value as the first gun I ever bought on my own.

As for all the others, I have kids and grandkids I can hand them down to. No reason to have to sell any at the moment.

Only gun I’ve ever bought that I later traded in was a FNS 40S&W; traded it in towards my Sig M11A1.

I might be willing to part with my G22 as 40S&W is my least favorite caliber but I have the 357 conversion barrel for it so will hold on to it for now.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I should get did of .My Schuetzens a 25/20 model 44 with a unertle scope. Plus the 40/65 but well it needed new wood and has a single set trigger. Since Ralph passed away I've just kinda lost interest none of the kids want or would know how to shoot them. I hate having them in the safe not being shot I'd trade or sell the Highwall has a five digit serial number but they need to go to someone who would use them

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
A dozen is a good number. That's about as many as one can shoot regularly.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I should get did of .My Schuetzens a 25/20 model 44 with a unertle scope. Plus the 40/65 but well it needed new wood and has a single set trigger. Since Ralph passed away I've just kinda lost interest none of the kids want or would know how to shoot them. I hate having them in the safe not being shot I'd trade or sell the Highwall has a five digit serial number but they need to go to someone who would use them
Well if you showed up at one of this groups matches somebody might take it off your hands and shoot it.

New Braunfels Schuetzen Verein

Shuetzen is kind of dying off as rifles are hard to find and/or expensive.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Glad you mentioned this. I'll make my list.

1. Two Taurus model 85 revolvers. Sorry, but after what happened in the one needing a trip to Miami and the way things were handled, that gun and it's match are gone. No more headaches, no more "when is the 5 year obsolete date again" worries.

2. Ruger SR40. Nice pistol, just not a fan of the .40 S & W caliber for some reason.

Those are the two handguns I would bet rid of, along with my rifles that I no longer use. One is a fine shooting rifle in .270 Winchester, the other in .338 Winchester Magnum. Also might add the .30 - .30, and the 4" an 6" barreled Ruger GP100s if I was forced to do it.

That would pare me down to a manageable group of various handguns primarily in 9mm and .357 Magnum.

Reactions: coopercdrkey

·
Registered
259 Posts
Both my sons live out of state and have CCW's.
Will be sending, through FFl's, Ruger P 89, and P 95. I keep the P 93 for now.
Also each will get a Ruger LCP 9mm and a 380.
Then 2 Ruger LCR .38's.
That will leave enough for my needs at least for a while.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have thinned the herd to 5 handguns...all 9mm except the .32 mag revolver my wife carries. I doubt I will ever buy another firearm as I am completely happy with the ones I own. However, with only a one year warranty, the G2c will be a throw away if I can not get parts and repair it myself and probably replace it with another Kahr or CZ.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I have a PARA 1911 target that I wouldn't mind sending down the road. It's not a bad gun, just not one of my favorites.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That is a tough one. If i had to sell one it would be my S&W model 60 357 magnum. Purchased years ago and used it as a sidearm when deer hunting. Can't think of any others i would want to part with. Looking to add a Sig P365 when bugs are worked out. All my guns will be passed down to my kids whether they like it or not.:D

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I'm buying firearms that will be passed down equally to offspring.
I have 2 SAA style (non colt) revolvers. One for our son, one for our daughter
I have a 1911 my wife has a 1911
We're building a second AR15 for the purpose of handing them down
I have a PT709 and my wife has the Bersa 380
I have 2 bolt rifles; a Mosin and a Savage Bmag
I need another 22 Rifle another shotgun and looking at getting a lever in 45 colt.
For the 22 rifle, I'm looking either at an old glenfield 60 semi (had one as a kid) or a Henry 22 lever
For another shotgun I'm looking to get a Rem 1100

1 - 20 of 62 Posts