Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's mine.
H&R 650, 22lr / 22 magnum. Bought in 1978 was my first. "Still have it."
Taurus G3C 9mm. Bought in 2021 was my last.
There are others between those two.
But, I have to say that after over 40 years (Without Fail) the H&R holds the place of honor and I would never let it go.
What was your First and Last?
Air gun Wood Trigger Line Gun barrel

·
Super Moderator
40,324 Posts
Dan Wesson Model 15, pre-owned in blue with a fixed 3.5" barrel. Pretty sure the last is my Sar B6C in stainless.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First was a Taurus model 94 4” 9 shot purchased in late 80’s for $185.00 at local hardware store. Most recent was a Ruger Single Six old model 5.5” 6 shot three years ago at a local gun show for $175.00, it’s a shooter, pretty rough but shoots to point of aim with just about anything you feed it.

·
Administrator
41,483 Posts
First was when I was 14 years old. It was a RG .22 revolver with a two or three inch barrel. Last was less than a year ago if remember correctly, a Rock Island Armory 1911 1A.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
First:

Last:

Both are German-made Pistols. The Walther PPK/S holds a special place in my heart due to fond memories of watching James Bond films with my Grandpa, my Father, and my siblings.
The H&K USP45 Elite was a pistol which I fell in love at first sight with, as it's appearance reminded me of an oversized Walther PP.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Surely you must at least have some pictures of your guns prior to those tragic boating accidents to share, just like all the rest of us.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
A 1917 Smith (from the Brazilian Navy contract from the '30's) that somebody had dropped a .45Colt conversion kit into was the first. (all you had to do is swap the cylinder and yoke for a ,45Colt chambered one, cut the barrel back for clearance and recut the forcing cone) Few weeks later, it was joined by a 4 inch (NOT 4 3/4") Uberti Regulator also in .45Colt. I bought a .45ACP cylinder for that one and had it fitted a few years later. The Smith hangs at the head of the bed loaded with 225gr PDX-1's and the Regulator (the brass grip frame is long gone- I put a steel one on it years ago and had some fake ivories put on it) is one of my match guns when I shoot CAS.

Last purchase was either a 20gauge Stoeger coach gun or a FN commercial Hi Power. Don't remember which one came first since I got them within a few days of each other.

·
Registered
807 Posts
First was when I was 14 years old. It was a RG .22 revolver with a two or three inch barrel. Last was less than a year ago if remember correctly, a Rock Island Armory 1911 1A.
You can't imagine how many RG revolvers I seized under various reasons and put into the property room in my first years ('77 - '80) as an LEO.

First guns I bought (both at the same time) were two S&W Model 66...one 4" and one 2 1/2"

The last was an HK P30 in 40 cal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
First I bought was a p-11 that shot low left. I've since replaced it with one that shoots low instead of low left. That's ugly so I won't waste time with pictures.
Latest is a 4" ar-9. Waiting for my rail sections before I tighten everything down since there is very little clearance between the handguard and can but it's basically done otherwise. This is the short configuration of the can and it will stick out about 3/4" in. past the handguard in the long configuration. I'm gonna try mounting a fixed 4 power scout scope all the way forward as soon as my rails get here and then wrap the whole front end in Paracord for heat.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Super Moderator
22,316 Posts
1st was a an original XD-9 when I got it they only sold them with 10 round mags.
Last was I bought two within a few weeks of each other, one was a G2C and the other was a Heritage combo 22/22 mag.

·
Administrator
18,829 Posts
My very first handgun was a six inch barreled S&W Model 19, that proved to be a lemon that needed work on occasion, but some of that may have been my fault as I fed it a diet of hot Federal 125 grain .357 Magnums. Later traded it off for a refinished WWII Walther P-38, which I still have, along with two Post-War Police Trade in Walther P-38's.

My most recent purchase was a used S&W SW9VE/Sigma with a frame that had been finished in Caribbean Blue CeraKote.

S&W SW9VE with CeraKote Caribbean Blue Frame

1 - 20 of 78 Posts