Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
They will learn the hard way that you can't shoot at a fleeing suspect unless they are shooting at you; Back when I first stared in policing you could shoot at a fleeing suspect if they would not halt, but the libs got ahold of the system and changed the laws.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If your not going to take it upon yourself to learn the law either on your own or by taking an informational class then you have no business carrying a firearm outside your front door. It's bad for you, it's bad for the rest of us.

·
Registered
751 Posts
This is a topic that keeps coming up with my CC buddies. WI has no class requirements on law. We have to take a class but it cam be anything gun related. My one friends class was 3hrs on gun safety and mine was 3 hrs of a guys opinion on law. We may have found a DOJ class that is supposed to be all law, not opinions and how to unload your gun. As said in this thread already we have a responsibility to know these things. I already knew not to shoot at a thief running away but I know I have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Pennsylvania is a "shall issue" state and no classes are required. It's a personal responsibility thing wherein if you decide to exercise your 2A rights then it your responsibility to do so in accordance with the law and that includes understanding the deadly force statutes. Personally, I'd be a more than just a little pissed if some Jackwagon with an itchy trigger finger becomes the reason that we'd have to start getting class certification to carry a firearm. My gun club offers lethal force shooting and informational classes throughout the year and we target "new gun owners" specifically to help people understand how huge a responsibility it is to be an armed citizen.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
As I have said before the best shooting is the one you can avoid! Evidently these guys didn't read my post or have a Mall Ninja complex!
Or...the dreaded neighborhood commando syndrome.:eek:

Reactions: Wingshot

·
Registered
197 Posts
The shopper said he didn't want to kill the guy, just "mark his car for the police."
I think the license plate would do just fine at helping police.

These guys think they are some kind of Rambos. You never do anything armed that you wouldnt do unarmed. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have confronted the shoplifter if they weren't packing and why even shoot and risk so much for a couple bucks in stolen good. If they shoplifter was attempting to run them over while making his escape is a different story now the perp is using a deadly weopon, the car, and customer's life would be in danger.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
This is exactly the type of person the liberales (like federales) think all firearm owners are like.

These type of people know Hollywood physics and he was probably wondering why, when he shot the car, it did not explode?

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
This was a bone head move and they could be some more charges filed. In fla the commison af any crime with a gun is minimun 10 years. that could be added to his sentence
jhp

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Maybe pull on the cell phone and take a picture of the car next time instead? This gives us all a bad image. We all try and defend our right to carry and others will use this type of thing against us. Sad to help the uneducated about positive carry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts