Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all had our favorites. I had many favorites, but the one I counted on was my issued Gen 2 Glock 22 w/ mandatory 8lb trigger. I imagine you combat vets had one you trusted as well. I had to think about it writing this, but I fired that bad boy FOUR separate times as TV says "in the line of duty" (not counting range time) and it NEVER had a problem. I literally fired thousands of rounds at the range and I trusted that gun with my life. It never let me down. If that weapon could tell a story, it would be great! It was a bummer I couldn't buy it when they upgraded my glock. I was sad the day I was issued a Gen 3. Excited for the light option working k9's, but sad a dependable part of me was going bye bye. I remember thinking that the rookie who got issued it probably bitched about the scuff marks from all the various incidents. :guns:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
My Smith & Wesson 2.5" 66 no dash. It would be the last one to go. And yes I trust my life to it.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
A "bread & butter" 4" S&W M10 pencil barreled "round butt" that was issued in a day all LEO's carried round guns.
I carried an issue heavy barrel Model 10 for a while, which was replaced around '91 with the Model 65, which was almost identical to the Model 10 but in stainless.

In the mid-60's the army gave me a 25-year-old BAR to rock and roll. That was about the most fun I ever had with a gun, burning thousands of army issued .30-06 rounds.

Today, almost 50 years later, I am now enthralled with my 2 week old Ruger SR1911; just like a new baby, it is getting all of my attention.

SR1911-Rght-11.jpg

SR1911-Left-4.jpg

Two weeks from Wednesday I am scheduled for my mandatory department qualifications, and I will qualify with the SR1911 so I can carry it on duty.

SR1911-Holster5.jpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
My Taurus PT99. I would trust my life with this one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The best gun I have ever had, and will never get rid of, is a Browning BAR rifle in .270 caliber. I have killed many whitetails with it, and since my first hunt with it, I have never missed with it. It's the sweetest shooting and most beautiful firearm I have.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Revolver-Colt Officers Model Special, 1951, 38 Special
Semi Auto- Norinco 1911A1, enhanced and accurized, 45 A.C.P.
Rifle,CF-Savage Model 99, 1936, 30-30
Rifle,RF-Remington Model 512-P, Early '50s, 22 S-L-LR
Shotgun-Winchester Model 12, English style 16 Ga., modified choke
Hand gun,RF-Colt Official Police, 1956, 22 LR
I have all of them in my possession, as we speak.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Although I feel that they are clunky, heavy and rattle a bit in the slide, I have owned two Ruger P-95's that never failed. They are built like tanks. Being derivatives of the P-85 which was a contender for official military 9mm sidearm back in the 80's I think the whole Ruger P-series are designed for severe battle conditions (and all the P-series 9mm's take the same mags).

I've had several Mossberg pump shotguns, I think they are the most rugged and reliable pumps.

Reactions: ACE35

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Two that I currently own.
For sheer fun and the beauty of the thing, a Ruger New Vaquero Convertible in SS. .45LC/.45ACP caliber with 5.5' barrel.

For firepower as well as accuracy and reliability, My Taurus PT845.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
PT92 AFS my special favorite.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Can't pick one, and list would be long. Carry a baby Glock 45 acp now, carried a mod 29 Smith for years. Was always a revolver guy and still love Smiths and Rugers older guns. K frames and single actions in rimfires are fun guns. Centerfires to put bambi in the freezer. Even killed a deer with my baby Glock, dumb thing should have known better than walk up to a gun totin redneck. I guess favorite is one on me at the time ask. Tonight being at home, all of them.LOL

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Three come to mind; L.C. Smith double 16, S & W model 10 service revolver and my Dad's S & W model 66 with 3" barrel it was his service revolver;

·
Registered
373 Posts
A lot have come and gone but I'll have to be down to my last dollar before I sell my Marlin 336CS in 30-30. Have had that one for the longest...love to take it out of it's case and wipe it down with Rem Oil and see it shine.

·
Super Moderator
35,025 Posts
Still my fave...nothing to do with law enforcement or war which I've never been involved in, but it's an old Remington M722 in .257 Roberts. Killed my first deer at age 11 with that gun in 1963. It's never failed me, shoots 1/2 MOA. I haven't used it in a while, but still own it.

·
Registered
31,777 Posts
M-77 270 Ruger, M-77 25-06 Ruger and a S & W Model 10 4" pencil barrel....all shoot heat seeking bullets.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hard to decide between my Ruger Blackhawk .357 mag, or my grandfather's old M1 .30 cal carbine. Both sweet shooting guns and just too hard to pick just one. I'll pass the carbine on when that time comes but I'll be burried with the .357

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
My Winchester 190, I've owned it 37 years and it still is my favorite. I tore it apart last year and gave a good scrubbing and rebuilt it. Good for another 40.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts