Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make my own. There was a post somewhere on here with simple instructions for molding leather. I bought a bunch of odds and ends of 10-12 ounce leather from an online supplier and bought some hardware from Old Faithful. Here's the latest for my PT111. It rides high for easy draw, has just the angle of cant that I wanted, and has more than enough "pocket" to hold the gun securely. A sharp razor knife, good punches, and some patience makes these easy to make. I have a whole drawer of these IWBs for most of my guns. I'll take pictures of the step by step procedure when I make my next one.
DSC_0022.JPG

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Looks nice. Just be careful of that open trigger!! I'd suggest any new ones you make to add another inch of leather up there...? Be safe.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice. Just be careful of that open trigger!! I'd suggest any new ones you make to add another inch of leather up there...? Be safe.
Most of my others cover more trigger, but with the first gen PT111's DAO and the safety on, I like the fast grip.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
That looks very nice!
To answer the question, I have no holster problems because the lady I work with also makes leather holsters. She is awesome!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't wait to see how you did that Willboat, Looks great. I would love to see how you made the template for the cover especially.

That looks great. I'm afraid I don't have the talent to make my own.... haveto rely on store baught.
Anyone can make a pocket holster from a mousepad. All it takes is a cheap mousepad, a paper template, and a stapler. Here's one of mine with a pt709.

709 Mousepad Pocket.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
That looks very nice!
To answer the question, I have no holster problems because the lady I work with also makes leather holsters. She is awesome!
That is awesome! This makes me want to make my own, although I would want to use something other than a mouse pad and staples.. perhaps some material with a hint of needle and thread :guns:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Very niceeeee. Wish I had that talent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts