Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what-i-thought-about-during-the-christmas-church-service.png

btleslie brought up a great discussion topic with this Funny Picture.

I actually do think like this when in Church.

I always try to sit in a corner of a restaurant that has the register near the door. At my local breakfast restaurant I sit at the counter, facing the register.

What thoughts do you consider when in a sit down environment?

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
Back to the wall, nearby concealment, interference with draw/presentation, ability to cover family.

Reactions: here2serve and prb

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
When possible sit facing the door. If multiple doors then facing the main one. Always scanning the room. I am working on getting my family more in this mode, so we can have a 360 alertness.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
When possible sit facing the door. If multiple doors then facing the main one. Always scanning the room. I am working on getting my family more in this mode, so we can have a 360 alertness.
We have a ministry specifically for those types of events.

·
Super Moderator
40,387 Posts
Along with what has been mentioned above I also like to be near an emergency exit door. While I have never asked to be seated at a different table in a restaurant, I will make sure I am in the best chair for where I am seated.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Facing the door, back to a wall, as far away from the cash register as possible, my strong side on the outside if in a booth. A variation of the aforementioned in other venues than a restaurant.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Sitting where I can observe any and all people approaching the area and my back to a secure area. I am still working on instilling these actions in my wife which sometimes iritates her when I force a switch in our seating postions. I also scan the parking lots before we leave and continue to scan the entire area until we are safely in the vehicle and the first thing I do is lock the doors, then I can worry about starting the engine and fastening the seat belts. I also never use the keyfob to unlock the doors until I get to the point where I can see the entire area surrounding the vehicle and allowing us just enough time to get to the vehicle as they unlock so that I can scan the lighted interior as I approach it. I also never stop for a "unmarked police vehicle" until I get to a well lighted area with other people around.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lil Beaver, Very good thoughts.

After intering a bank just as the robber was leaving, I now look at all the faces of the people in an astablishment as I enter.

I look into places like 7-11's and Denny's before I enter. I can always turn around.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well it appears that you should be rich then you could have your own secuity force so they can watch over you while you enjoy your surroundings in peace

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Lil Beaver, Very good thoughts.

After intering a bank just as the robber was leaving, I now look at all the faces of the people in an astablishment as I enter.

I look into places like 7-11's and Denny's before I enter. I can always turn around.
I don't go to places like Denny's or 7-11's.

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts