Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
So I've had this revolver about a year and a half. I sent it back for minor stuff and it was resolved in a prompt and courteous manner. I'm familiar with revolvers for many years and had to qualify with them for more years than I care to remember. But today was just ridiculous. Couldn't hit the broad side of the proverbial barn door. Yes its a 1 7/8 in barrel, yes I'm not the man I used to be but this was disheartening to say the least. At the seven yard line a foot low, then high, some right then left.. Geez. I felt like an idiot that never shot before. And this was single action, not even the DAO like we had to shoot years before. This was definitely the time to lock it in a vise to see if I could blame some on the gun. I never liked the 6 O'clock hold Taurus tells you to use, might go so far as I hate it. And I hated the target they sent me after I got it back one time. It was almost dead center at what they said was the 7 yard line but I think I saw powder burns on the target. :)

And then the topper was getting the two .22 rifles I also brought and from a bipod shot nickel and dime groups at 50 yards time and again. One 3 shot group was the size of a pea. Did a different come in and shoot my other guns ? What kind of consistency is that ? I guess my question is did any of you have a similar experience ? I mean like .... :bang::bang::bang:

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I am having a similar issue with a 1911 I recently bought.. When shooting right handed I hit pretty consistently 4" right at 7 yds. When I correct for the POA/POI difference my shots are all over.. Left handed is even worse, with no consistency what so ever.. When I sand bag it I can one hole it on the X.. I get out my PT92 and can shoot 3" groups left or right at 7 yds. I WILL LEARN HOW TO SHOOT MY 1911!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I'd let somebody else try it. Shooting is a perishable skill, and shooting handguns is far more perishable than rifle shooting skills. Look up and down the range and find the best shot and ask them to see what they can do with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts