Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was cleaning one of the guns that has been out of my carry rota for too long before putting it back into service. So it has been a while since I've cleaned this little beauty. Took it apart (things were a bit sticky, I think the lube had dried...), cleaned all the fiddlies and put it back together.
Uh-oh. Part left over! Seemed to work, but I wasn't about to fire it until it was back together correctly (of course)
Sat there pondering for several minutes before I figured it out.
10 Smithy points for the first of you to figure it out, too.
Hint: It's made of a slick, slightly flexible plastic.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Definitely the discombobulator.:whistle:

·
Super Moderator
39,279 Posts
One of those rubber boolits?

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,730 Posts
It's not the only thing that's been out of rotation too long!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was cleaning one of the guns that has been out of my carry rota for too long before putting it back into service. So it has been a while since I've cleaned this little beauty. Took it apart (things were a bit sticky, I think the lube had dried...), cleaned all the fiddlies and put it back together.
Uh-oh. Part left over! Seemed to work, but I wasn't about to fire it until it was back together correctly (of course)
Sat there pondering for several minutes before I figured it out.
10 Smithy points for the first of you to figure it out, too.
Hint: It's made of a slick, slightly flexible plastic.
View attachment 480475
Looks like an XDS, first generation. Ja, I'm going to go with "cap for your oiler." Because that doesn't look like anything I've seen associated with my XDS-s.

·
Registered
28,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now you'll have to tear it back down to get the oil container out.
I don't know... it was a heck of a lot of trouble to get it crammed in there!

·
Registered
28,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like an XDS, first generation. Ja, I'm going to go with "cap for your oiler." Because that doesn't look like anything I've seen associated with my XDS-s.
Close, it's a Mod. 2 and yeah, it was the cap to the oiler, sorry, but Tinyman gets the points. Try again next time.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
20,616 Posts
Close, it's a Mod. 2 and yeah, it was the cap to the oiler, sorry, but Tinyman gets the points. Try again next time.
Yeah and make sure you snag the podium at stage left next time, the one at stage right has a slow buzzer.

·
Registered
20,616 Posts
I don't know... it was a heck of a lot of trouble to get it crammed in there!
Only two ways to go here, either get a smaller oil bottle or a bigger gun and I'll tell ya' right now...:confused:...those bittle litty oil bottles are about impossible to find. Prob'ly just gonna' have to go get a bigger gun.

·
Registered
28,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only two ways to go here, either get a smaller oil bottle or a bigger gun and I'll tell ya' right now...:confused:...those bittle litty oil bottles are about impossible to find. Prob'ly just gonna' have to go get a bigger gun.
Well, I'm fine for now. This one ha plenty of oil.

·
Registered
20,616 Posts
I need to change the oil in all my guns but I haven't found where the filters are in any of 'em yet.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Premium Member
6,443 Posts
Why is it when you have parts left over, they're never ones that are extremely valuable? If it was a rare magazine or a rare firing pin, or maybe even a rare gold coin...

·
Registered
28,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I need to change the oil in all my guns but I haven't found where the filters are in any of 'em yet.
Perhaps all yours are 2-stroke... no filter.

·
Super Moderator
27,192 Posts
Thanks for posting. That took guts!

Reactions: MadKaw

·
Registered
20,616 Posts
Perhaps all yours are 2-stroke... no filter.
Could be...:unsure:...there's smoke comin' out the exhaust when they're runnin'.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts