Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
The two that get the most attention are the 9mm PT-111 Millennium Pro and it's .45 ACP stable mate the PT-145.

Why, because of their superior ergonomics, 100% reliability and power to weight ratios; not to mention their respective 12+1 & 10+1 capacities...:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
^^^+1 beat me to it. All the reasons I carry my PT145

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use a 605SS2 38/357 or a 605B2 38/357 in a DeSantis Apache ankle holster OR a SmartCarry deep-concealment holster.

Why? Because I like the reliability of the revolver and the higher trigger-pull weight in those two places is comforting. AND BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE THEM! YA CAN'T BEAT THE 357 FOR ATTENTION! :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
M85 - Galco paddle holster...reliability.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
My 24/7 in my sig.
Why? Because I have a permit to do so and I can't open carry (yet).

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
First, a PT709, then a PT740 (now a S&W Shield in .40).

Favorite holsters are High Noon Split Decision and Remora with large sweat shield.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
The Taurus that I carry, which is generally during the warmer weather months is, the PT940SSPRL.
It's not a heavy pistol; very comfortable to carry around for several hours. I carry it concealed or open carry.

It's the pistol in my picture icon, carried in a Ted Blocker custom cross draw for southpaws! :)

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I carried the PT-111 Pro for better than 3 years.
About a year ago retired it for a smaller, hi-cap 380.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Most of the time, 709 in a Blackhawk 05 IWB holster. I rotate the 738 in a Blackhawk 03 pocket holster instead when I want something smaller. When I go to the range, I go with the PT1911 in my government issue shoulder holster.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My Taurus EDC is a PT-92 AF in a Bianchi 3S IWB holster. I carry it because: a, I can conceal a large pistol no problem (thats not always an option for everyone); and b, I like the idea of a 5" barrel, DA/SA trigger, and 19 rounds.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Currently I do not carry any gun concealed.

Why? Because I haven't received my CC permit yet.

When I get my CC permit, I will carry either a PT145 or a M856.

Why? Because I have both. :D Currently I have both an IWB and a OWB holster for the PT145 which came with the PT145. So, I could carry it right now. However, my girth prevents using the IWB. As for the M856, I've given some though to getting an ankle holster, or possibly a pocket holster for use when wearing cargo pants or shorts. Unfortunately, I'll have to pick one holster for the M856 and live with it for a while. My gun money is somewhat limited.

What Taurus do you conceal and why?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
After the horrendous boat vs canoe accident of 2012 when several of us lost all of our firearms and ammo I decided, because firearms are so dangerous, to arm my self with an assault rock....:D

Text Font Utility knife

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
PT140 and PT145 rotating between the two. And for reasons as noted above.

If you can find an easier to conceal firearm with the ammo capacity (and caliber) and ergonomics to match these, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
I always have the TCP 738 in my pocket, light and easy to conceal. When I go to Miami-Dade I carry my PT-145, you know more is better when I leave the Keys for the main land.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
With summer coming on will be monthly 709 or 740. Cooler weather will add rotation with PT111 and PT140MilPro's.

Reactions: MilProGuy
1 - 20 of 96 Posts