Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size hex key do I need to remove the front sight on my PT111 Mil Pro?:confused:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm not sure, but I know it's doable. I just laid out my key set and trial and error. Sorry I'm no help.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
What size hex key do I need to remove the front sight on my PT111 Mil Pro?:confused:
I have done several, installing Firesights on the dovetail models of the MilPro.

To remove the REAR sight takes a 2mm hex/Allen wrench.

The FRONT sight takes a 1.5mm hex wrench.

SOME of the sights that I have removed had the set screws very tight with a LocTite type sealant.
Use a GOOD quality 1.5mm wrench to remove the front sight because some of the cheap hex wrenches rounded off rather than removing the set screw.

If you install FIRESIGHTS, they take a .05 inch allen wrench. I bought them in quantity on eBay.

PT640PRO-TopFireSights.gif

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I have done several, installing Firesights on the dovetail models of the MilPro.

The REAR sight takes a 2mm hex/Allen wrench.

The FRONT sight takes a 1.5mm hex wrench.

SOME of the sights that I have removed had the set screws very tight with a LocTite type sealant.
Use a GOOD quality 1.5mm wrench because some of the cheap hex wrenches rounded off rather than removing the set screw.

If you install FIRESIGHTS, they take a .05 inch allen wrench. I bought them in quantity on eBay.

View attachment 19081
This is correct. Be gentle with the front sight. This small of a hex head will either round out the hex driver (if you're lucky) or the screw head (if you're not) easily. Be sure to apply steady pressure into the screw head while turning.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info! Thanks!:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Would anyone happen to know the dimensions on the front sight for a 709 slim? I'm trying to find an aftermarket night sight with similar dimensions. It's my understanding that there is one for glocks that is pretty close to a perfect fit with minimal or no filing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Or, you could be unlucky like me, go out and buy a high quality 1.5 mm allen wrench, pick all the locktight goop out of the hole and then find out that the set screw must have been rounded out during install at the factory :(
Oh well. I'll eventually figure out how to get it off and get my new front sight on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts