Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember me complaining about Buddie Dog ruining my 1.5 year old Lenovo laptop? I took out the drive and stuck it in a case, and am using it as a backup for my new laptop. What should I do with the shell? You guys think it's worth fixing for resale?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
What condition is it in?
Pics?
I was a computer tech for over 20 years.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well you could either place 7 shots of .40 exploding HP's or Place it for sale on craigslist. Or even take it to have it looked at by a computer repair person ( might be a cheap fix )

·
Super Moderator
17,588 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Look up the model number and price a new motherboard and processor combo for it. Ask yourself if you want to reinvest the money into it, and then decide whether to fix it or shoot it. If it's approaching anywhere near the $300 range, just shoot it and buy another laptop from Walmart for about $350. Or you can check around for a refurbished model, since it's a year and a half old they could possibly be found under $200.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
What happened to it? Probably craigslist and if it doesn't sale then shoot it! Got a judge?

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
I take mine and do just that "Shoot It" with ususally around 25 rounds. It then gets thrown into one of my cattle watering tanks. For those of you who don't know what a farm/ranch tank is....it is what many folk simply call a pond or small lake. You would be surprised what kind of information that can be pulled out the a computers memory. And yes, even after it has been cleaned.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd shoot it too lol. I've got an old netbook I need to get rid of, come to think of it

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, shoot it. Funny! Condition is average. Frankly, Lenovo builds these things out of snot and tissue paper, and I put it to some tough use over the last year and a half. I think the mother board is fried. I'm not concerned about information loss as the drive has been taken out, and nothing can remain on the RAM that's in the computer because that's volatile memory.

I will offer it on e-Bay starting at $10 just to see what will happen.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Put an add on Craigslist selling tickets for people to take a shot at it!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Shoot it with a 45, tape it, and put it on Youtube.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You might get lucky. There just might be someone out there who broke thier screen and needs a replacement. I know several folks that have a broken laptop screen. No Lenovos though.

Would you buy another lenovo?

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Lets see, you list it on Ebay. High bid is $45 and you charge $12 to ship it. Buyer pays with PayPal. Buyer receives computer and files a grievance with Ebay stating that the computer doesn't work like he was under the impression he was understanding it to. Ebay then reimburses buyer, from funds out of your PayPal account. And then buyer leaves a negative feedback rating.
Do yourself a favor...SHOOT IT !!!!!!

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Shoot the damned thing, pretend you once sent and received love letters from you Ex or Exes, then burn it, then deep six it in the dumpster.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You might get lucky. There just might be someone out there who broke thier screen and needs a replacement. I know several folks that have a broken laptop screen. No Lenovos though.

Would you buy another lenovo?
It wasn't a terrible computer, by any means - the processor and the video card were great. The sound card was horrible. The LCD was weak and gave only OK performance. The battery life was 2 hrs 15 minutes at best, and often-times more like 1 hr 30 min.

I paid about $700 for it, and a year-and-a-half later picked up this here Toshiba, a quad-core AMD machine with a pretty solid video card and the best laptop sound card and speakers I've ever heard for less than that.

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Send it to me, I'll shoot it, run it through my wood chipper, rake it up and then burn it only later to take the melted molten hardened puddle of plastic mass and shoot it again. Followed my a burial in a ranch tank which with time will be covered under a combination of silt formed out of top soil, Texas clay and plenty of all natural organic BS (the real BS).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts