Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trading in my S&W .357 model 19-4, 6" barrel. The thing is I don't know want. The handguns that I own are listed in my signature. Should I get a small easy conceal 9mm? Should I get a poly PD? How about a .22LR assault type rifle? I'm stumped....:confused:

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Well, IF I had the money, first thing on my list is an Evil Black Gun in .223.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea....IF I had the money too :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but I never shoot/carry it. I was thinking of getting something I would do both with. That's a "Harry Callahan" type gun. I'll sell it to you if you want it!:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
What kinda money are you looking to spend...........?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea...I don't even know what mine is worth...

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Just a thought, you might want to post a pic or two of it. I really don't think you'll have it long if you really want to sell it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a mighty nice revolver, my next purchase I am looking at is a AR15 223. AR15 22lr, Colt 1911 Commander and a SIG 226b but that is just me! BTW I had the Ruger LC9 and did not care for it, wound up with my SIG 238. Love that. If you want a small 9 consider the Sig 290! Gene

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Interesting choices and interesting collection! I especially like your Star PD. As to the Smith, it looks to be in great condition -- I wouldn't take anything less than $400 for it. It might even go for more. If you are trading it, don't tell them what you want -- let them come to you. With the money received from the sale or trade, you would have quite a few choices open to you.

I personally would lean toward a compact 9mm like a Taurus 709, A Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, or a Kel-tec PF9. However, if you don't have any .22 long arms, there are a lot of very cool military-style .22s out there that will brings lots of fun -- and good training too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Boy that's a nice piece! The model 19 Smith (4") was my first duty piece...wish I'd kept it! If I were you, wouldn't trade it unless I really found something "I had to have" and couldn't come up with the bucks for it without the trade. I have a friend who just aquired a 4" and to say I did what I could to get him to give it up is an understatement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What caliber are you really looking for? I've own and like the Smith M&P .40 compact. Shoots extremely accurately, concealable and is 10+1.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have several 3" .45's and just recently bought my first Commander sized .45 - got a Smith "E" series, scandium frame, stainless slide.. it is sweet. I would like to have a "Colt" commander though...one to 'keep' not trade.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Your 19 is beautiful! Wish I wasn't gun poor at the moment. I'd love to have it.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
My next purchase will be a 1911 (38 Super or 9mm).

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input, especially on what you think I can get for it. I really do not know what I would want, what caliber, etc. All I know is that I don't use this gun and would probably want something that I would have more fun with.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you want something to shoot and shoot alot that is fun no matter what go with one of the assault rifle .22's thats a "fun" if you feel that you "need" something else then get what you need before you get something for fun.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I am thinking of trading in my S&W .357 model 19-4, 6" barrel. The thing is I don't know want. The handguns that I own are listed in my signature. Should I get a small easy conceal 9mm? Should I get a poly PD? How about a .22LR assault type rifle? I'm stumped....:confused:
That's a pinned barrel model 19. Mark my words - if you get rid of it you'll be soooorrrry. I had two of 'em - one in 2.5" and one in 4". I'd sure like to have 'em both back. My advice is, don't make the same mistake I did. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts