Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get my gun back from Taurus repair, and goto range to put a few rounds thru it, other than ammo, are there any or things I should bring?

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I highly recommend a Bore Snake for your caliber. A lot of jamming occurs due to build up in your barrel and the Bore Snake can clean this out very quickly.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I usually have a set of fine screwdrivers, hex wrenches and a basic cleaning kit in my range bag. Obviously, ear and eye protection. Matter of fact, I'm headed for the range in about half an hour.

Reactions: mingaa and Texheim

·
Registered
477 Posts
full cleaning kit, break free clp, can of compressed air

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
I keep a zip-lok bag in my range bag, with a bottle of Outers Gun oil and a rag- just to wipe them down before I leave. I have one of those small pistol-cleaning kits just in case, but have never used it. Otherwise, just as much ammo I can afford to blow. Small screwdriver and a small wrench...and tools that go with my lasers/flashlights o remoe or iinstall.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
money, to buy more ammo if i can find any. good question for us newbies. :thumb:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'll start to gather the things needed and look into a bore snake

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Brass, or at least hardwood, dowel. The squib WILL happen. Nice to tap
it out and keep shooting.

Been there.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah yes, more ammo and money to buy it. There is a website called Armslist, where you can select your state and city. There you can find enthusiasts selling guns, ammo, parts, etc. I was able to do ammo purchases, when gun shops were out. But, it all depends on the various state laws for these transactions. ARMSLIST - Gun Classifieds

·
Registered
51 Posts
I never bring a cleaning kit to the range. When I come home from the range, I always throughly clean my guns so that they are ready the next time I go to the range. I do have an Avid gun tool, multi-tool, and a set of hex wrenches in my bag though. There have been times when I needed to adjust the sights or scope so it is handy to have tools. I also carry a small bottle of CLP in case I need some oil.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
I take a set of hex wrenches. I also usually take a spare recoil spring and extractor. I always carry my swiss army knife, if you don't I'd suggest one for your bag. If you ever get into rifles with scopes at the 200+ yard range, even 100 yards, either way a spotting scope is nice but not necessary. I also take some Hoppes gun oil. Spare magazines...

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Good comments by all. Get a good range bag - bigger than you think! I take as much as I can. If you have light tube sights get replacement tubes and add a cigarette lighter for emergency replacement of those.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you gentlemen, great recommendations

·
Registered
28,714 Posts
I've been to the range with nothing but a gun and a box of ammo - and I've been to the range with a 50 pound box of spare parts and tools. I try to match my kit to my purpose in going.
Fun, to me, doesn't involve a lot of planning or a lot of luggage.
Competition is more serious, and I try to be prepared for anything.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I've been to the range with nothing but a gun and a box of ammo - and I've been to the range with a 50 pound box of spare parts and tools. I try to match my kit to my purpose in going.
Fun, to me, doesn't involve a lot of planning or a lot of luggage.
Competition is more serious, and I try to be prepared for anything.
Time to post those multi-gun competition carts and wagons!! I'm not sure that I have that photo but I'll set it up - mine's a converted twins baby carriage - room for all the comp items. Clamps for an AR on one side and shotgun on the other plus a small cooler and a folding camp chair...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts