Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All.

Before I left for town for Thanksgiving, I put in my request for a Curve review pistol. It arrived while I was away so I picked it up yesterday. I always try to make my reviews as fair, honest, and informative as possible. I have my own list of questions about The Curve that I'll be working through as part of my review. I'm very interested in hearing your questions about the pistol now before I head to the range with it and may miss the opportunity to address your questions.

With so many unique features, this one looks like it may end up being a review and a half. :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've got a few:

Will there be a left handed version?

Will there be a 9mm version?

Will there be an option to have a rail instead of the implanted Led/laser combo?

Will they have the option for added sights?

How is the trigger? (Two stage, one heavy stage?)

How easy is it to field strip

And last but not least...

Will they have extra mags available and another holster option? (Aside from the mini clip and that ugly mini sheathe-thing) lol

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Good questions!^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
36,655 Posts
concerns that I have are?
is it feasible/possible to use the gun off handed (in the left hand)?
as if the right hand was injured.
is it feasible to easily/quickly remove the magazine with the offhand if the left hand was injured or trapped?
or even remove the magazine with only one hand?
how easy/quickly can one make a magazine change if the magazine fails or the weapon jams?
how easy is it to recock the weapon with one hand if there is a malfunction?
seems with all this streamlining that would be impossible to do?
how effective is the laser in full daylight?

Reactions: oso and mingaa

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
FYI
For now the Curve is only going to come in this configuration, with a hard case and two magazines, as well as the trigger guard holster. Later next year Taurus plans to release an even less expensive version with no light/laser on it. There also will be a left hand model at some point.
Taurus Curve .380 Pocket/Purse Pistol ? New Gun Review

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
These are good questions. I have nothing to add.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
How does it handle? For a small, normal and large hands. It looks like only women and children could get more than 1 finger on the grip.

Does the side clip dig into you when shooting or gripping?

How well does the curve fit various body curves? from dough-boys like me to stud muffins and svelt ladies. Showing how it matches a svelt lady couldn't hurt-!

Accuracy at "conflict range" 7-12 ft using no laser, laser in day, laser at night w the light.

How bright is the light? Laser in daylight. Laser range, light range.

Battery type, cost (if non-standard) and how long do they last? Burn through AT LEAST 2 sets of new batteries on a timer.

How are you warned of weak batteries? Do they dim gracefully or just go black suddenly?

There are numerous reports of people being SHOT by cops attempting to turn on a gun laser when the trigger finger does double duty for light switch/bang switch. How does the curve get around this ?

Light and laser linked or coupled? Two switches? Two stages?

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Will magazines be hard to get like other weapons from Taurus? Also is the magazine curved?[/QUOTE

No, the magazine is NOT curved........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all. Keep the questions coming. I won't be out on the range until next weekend, but your questions so far will be helpful when deciding what pictures go into the review. I should have most of the pictures done this week.

·
Super Moderator
40,611 Posts
Is the belt clip easily removable?

Does the belt clip interfere with a normal grip or get in the way with recoil?

A field strip video would be very cool if possible.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I'd like to know how bright the lights on it are, standing in a pitch black room. May be hard to capture a good reference image unless you're savvy with your camera settings, but it'd be good to know if the light is useful.

Sight picture picture

Does the frame use a shell/innards design like the TCP where you can change the grip shell/stock at will?

How long is the barrel actually?

How easy/difficult is it to rack?

What kind of finish is on it?

Trigger pull weight, distance, reset distance, stacking/feel/etc?

Mag disconnect 'safety'?

Side clip removable?

Show usability of the light/laser before you start shooting and then again after all of your shooting to see if they get dirty beyond usability from gsr/etc

Any size comparison pics next to guns you own would be cool

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I sent these out to a holster maker yesterday so they could make me a pocket holster for the review. You may find them interesting and they may answer some of your questions. For a start, the clip is easily removable by removing the two hex head screws shown in the rear-view picture.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Will there be a left handed model?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Does the barrel crown seem to affect accuracy? Does the crown start at the curve, i.e. so that the bottom of the end of the muzzle looks like a 'funnel'?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts