Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm cleaning out the safe. Already sold the AR and the Remington-Rand 1911A1.

But I have a few other items that I ought to know current value on:

Some few years ago, I came across this pristine - really appears UNFIRED - 99AF. It has the "safety only, no decocker", and two factory hi-cap mags. Also Pachmayer Signature grips. Not a mark on it.

What ought I ask for such a piece? I have an idea, but I wonder what you folks think.

Also have a Colt Official Police, 4", which my Uncle bought new in 1968, he loaded it, fired three and had my Aunt fire the remaining three. he cleaned it, put in an oiled sock, and there it was until my Aunt gave it to me when she closed up house forty years later and went west to live with her son.

Thank you,

Flash

·
Registered
71 Posts
I hate to say it, but ANY PT99 will go from &350-$375 around here. Doesn’t matter if it has a box or extra mags or condition.
But that is a great model and my favorite version of the PT99-92.

Lefty

·
Banned
79 Posts
It's a buyers market.

I have an affinity for the Taurus PT92 and PT99. A bit of an emotional attachment, since it was the first gun I every really oogled at a gun store, and I sadly I was poor and didn't have the money to buy it. A year later I scored a good deal on my first pistol, a police trade in Beretta 92. I now own both a PT92 and PT99. I do really like them.

Anyway, as a I said, it's a buyers market. You're competing against $350 Glocks and $450 Sigs and HKs. (Yes, I have bought these at these prices in the last few months, and see them routinely online).

My advice is to hold onto it. The gun is a great design, made on Beretta tooling probably by former Beretta employees. And it has a lifetime warranty. Unless you are desperate for cash, keep it.

I just looked at recent completed Gunbroker sales. You're not going to like the news. The highest prices were the two stainless that sold for $330 and $345. There were four blued that sold recently. Low price was $200, then $265, then $269, then high was $280.

If you must sell, I think you'd be extremely lucky to get $400 given the new/unfired condition assuming all original accessories and mint condition. I bet a more realistic price is $350-300 cash locally.

Like I said, for an actually great sidearm with a lifetime warranty, I'd keep it in this buyers market.

Reactions: loudviking
1 - 3 of 3 Posts