Votes: 77 78.6%
  • Springfield

Votes: 32 32.7%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we talk about a lot of guns here - goes without saying. I have also noticed that a lot of the firearms left in gun shops now seem to be of the more expensive variety. Got me to thinking of what additional brands I would like to get before they are completely outlawed. Wasn't sure whether to put this in the other long arms or other short arms or what but since I am talking about - ALL firearms - I put it here as I wanted to get a feel for the pulse of what you guys have already. If you already have one of these brands, if ya don't mind (and I don't necessarily need to know who indicates what) could you indicate it? In the 3+ years I've been on this board, I don't think I've heard anyone speak of Sig Sauers, H&Ks or even Les Baer/Custom guns.

I think this forum does represent a good cross section of guns owners and other than Taurus brand guns, which likely got you to this board (like it did me) just curious what else is owned and used.

Mods please move this to another section if more appropriate there

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have always been a fan of Glocks, u either love them or hate them there is no in between. I love mine they may not be the prettiest thing around but they always work!!!! Don't get me wrong I love my Lil tcp as well and is reliable too but there is something about glock!!!

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
Well, as a recovering Smith&Wesson snob, I have to admit, I still like them. My last two firearm purchases have been Smith&Wessons. One a revolver, and the other a rifle. I just couldn't help myself.

Gee. I feel better now, getting that off my chest! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a few S&W (Bodyguard, shotgun and AR), a Marlin Rifle, a Ruger Rifle and a few other lesser known guns

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Well, as a recovering Smith&Wesson snob, I have to admit, I still like them. My last two firearm purchases have been Smith&Wessons. One a revolver, and the other a rifle. I just couldn't help myself.

Me and Smokewagon are in the same boat! I think the classic pinned barreled blue finished revolvers are great. The more screws in the sideplate, the better. For rifles, I think Marlins are great, too.

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Beretta, GSG pistols. S&W rifle, Mossberg shotgun.
I wanted to list Beretta and S&W but knew we had owners of those out here as they get talked about quite a bit. Also, was limited to 10 selections to put into a poll. Therefore, I tried to list those brands that don't get as much press (that I see but I don't spend as much time in the "Other" brand long and short arm sections as others of you might) and tend to sometimes be a little more pricey . . .

Personally, I've openly commented here that I wouldn't mind buying a Glock and even a Magnum Research (in .357MAG) but haven't been kissed by the Kimber fairy yet. I would also like to pursue a Les Baer too, but I might not live long enough to see one built for me given the panic going out there now . . .

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Only Ruger and Thompson/Center from THAT list. No Smith and Wesson? Wow, that's an omission.

I've owned more Rugers than any other single brand. I own 8 now, one being a .22 rifle and one a cap and ball revolver. Actually, I had a stainless Old Army that got stolen and had to get another, this time a blued steel one. I've got 3 from NAA, 2 from Rossi and have owned others, two from Pietta, Kel Tec, charter arms, well, a lot of others not listed here.

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
Me and Smokewagon are in the same boat! I think the classic pinned barreled blue finished revolvers are great. The more screws in the sideplate, the better. For rifles, I think Marlins are great, too.
Then you have impeccable taste! :thumb:

Reactions: Rossi

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only Ruger and Thompson/Center from THAT list. No Smith and Wesson? Wow, that's an omission.

I've owned more Rugers than any other single brand. I own 8 now, one being a .22 rifle and one a cap and ball revolver. Actually, I had a stainless Old Army that got stolen and had to get another, this time a blued steel one. I've got 3 from NAA, 2 from Rossi and have owned others, two from Pietta, Kel Tec, charter arms, well, a lot of others not listed here.
Yes. I know - was explaining that in my follow up post I guess when you two popped in. There is a 10 selection limit so I wanted to list those that don't get much bragging on this forum. Sorry bout that.

That is a strange, thin list - lots of popular brands skipped if I may say so!
See comments above.

And, most importantly, wanted to see who had owned (or currently own) - rather set up to not see what you individually own but what folks anonymously would post has having had at some point.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Les Baer, Night Hawk, Wilson Combat (not on the list) are all 1911 makers. They are all very nice. The Baer models are very accurate and he guarantees them to be so. I had a Sig Sauer 45acp P220 from the custom shop at Sig. That was a very sweet gun. I've never owned an H & K. From a user stand point I didn't see much difference between the Sig and the H & K. I've got a fully custom made 1911 made by Fusion Firearms. That company is owned by the former CEO of Dan Wesson. That gun is so nice you just want to hold it whether you shoot it or not. I've never owned a Kimber, though I've shot several of them. They seem to have a lot of little problems or did a few years ago. But, once the factory fixed them for their owners they've been very nice pistols also. The Kimber line is also very good looking. Glocks and Rugers are not fancy but dependable as all git out. You really can go wrong with any of them.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Oh, if it includes long guns, Mossberg, Remington, Savage Arms, Rossi, Winchester, H&R, Iver Johnson, Sarasqueta, CVA, Investarms, Norinco (SKS), Hakim, Mauser, Crossman........I own some odd brands, some are older than me, though.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

Admitting you have a problem is the first step! ;)

(Did I mention my wife's S&W .380 BodyGuard?)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well as I can not vote for me it is Steyr and Smith and Wesson again just my .02 cents worth but these are among my favored

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Yuh left out Colt, too.

I looked around a while back and realized that I own more Colt made guns (counting the 1911's, double action and single action wheelguns) than any manufacturer- other than the Uberti replicas of Colt guns. It was kind of weird, because I'm really not what I consider a Colt fan.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

I resemble this. The majority of my handguns are Smith & Wesson revolvers.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Aside from my 24/7, I've got an XD, an old Remington shotgun that belonged to my grandpa, and a Charles Daly AR. Not as big of a collection as all you guys, but you've had a lot more time than me! :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts