Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to be a little nosey and found out what actually made you come to the decision to purchase your 1911.

Guess Ill start it off, some of the reasons I got mine is because of the reviwes from on here and holding, seeing and test firing it at the range. But mainly because of how it felt in my hand and the modifications that are readily available for this gun. And because it jus one kick ass gun :yipee:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I did not know if I would get the pt1911 or a Springfield GI. I rented both at the range and fired both, loved the pt trigger and mods better. They were both close in cost, but I liked the SS pt better, so got it and I still believe I got the best deal with the pt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO the triiger pull on this gun is great to double and tripel tap because of the 3lbs pull thats another one of the reasons i got it 2.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In the words of that great American Philosopher, Flip (Geraldine) Wilson, "The Devil made me do it." I was looking for a 1911, didn't want to drop a grand on one, didn't like the GI sights and came across the PT1911B for under $500. The reviews I read were good, the pistol felt good and the trigger felt good. Mood met price.

I've been pleased with the pistol. I'm glad I bought it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was window shopping tonight and I checked one out.
I am waiting on the railed version in stainless due out at the end of the year.
Then, I'd HOPE, they make a commander size 1911!
I was DROOLING over an old Charles Daly 45 in Commander size that a friend was shooting tonight!
What a Nice 45 those old Daly guns were.

[EDIT] Come to think of it, the Blue PT1911 Though Full size was a really NICE 1911!
The owner of the Store and Range I was at was using one for carry to boot.
Guess they are good enough for him to CCW and defend his store with.
Says ALLOT!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I saw ads with photographs in various gun mags and thought, gee, with all those bells and whistles at THAT price? Couldn't be any good. So I asked my main man at the gun shop. He said we can't keep 'em in stock. Who buys them? I asked. He said all the local comp-shooters. They run great, no problems except for an occasional broken ambi-safety, and that's an easy fix.

So I bought one. It's definitely the real deal. It's slimmer than my Glock 17 and so it conceals better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts