Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife wanted me to find out what other people have as far as pets go.our house is kinda like a zoo.but hey we dont have kids so our pets are our kids.

3 dashounds
1 dumb lab (people next door got it and got tired of it so they called the pound to get it.its old and would have been put down so we took it)
2 parakeets
5 stupis finches(the wifes in diff cage then the parakeets)
1 55 gal.tank with cichlids
1 55gal. with mollies and tetras and 3 danios
1 29 gal. with a pair of convicts
1 20 gal with 3 aquarium frogs that live under water.
1 10 gal with a hermit crab (also the wifes)

NO CATS

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
rwcreigh, Are you sure you don't live in a zoo?

We don't have any pets. I have pet allergies and I already told the wife I don't want any pets to complicate this.

·
Registered
250 Posts
(1) Male Mastiff (big lad)
(1) Female Albino Burmese Python (16'+, 200 lb +)
(1) Female Tiger Reticulated Python (16'+, 100 lbs+)
(1) Undetermined Sex Ball Python (Rescued - very small)

That's all I have time for.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Long Ago LEO said:
(1) Female Albino Burmese Python (16'+, 200 lb +)
(1) Female Tiger Reticulated Python (16'+, 100 lbs+)
(1) Undetermined Sex Ball Python (Rescued - very small)

That's all I have time for.
My skin is crawling. I am not a fan of snakes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The burm "should be" on small pigs (makes 'em crap like geese), so both big girls are on large rabbits (10-14 lbs Thumpers) that are raised for me by a local USDA-approved rabbitry.

As much as I'd hate to part with them, they need to go to a responsible handler one of these days. Most (qualified) folks interested in them live in the deep south and shipping logistics (in winter) are nightmarish. I live on my boat during the summers here in Minnesota and it's problematic having to make the commute home simply to give these things water. They can go all summer without eating if need be, but they gotta' have a drink. And while the boat is decent size, it WON'T handle a herpetology collection (so says the wife).

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
3 cats, you know what they say cats dont have owners they have staff.

thats meant to be a joke but it's actually the truth of the matter.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Long Ago LEO said:
I live on my boat during the summers here in Minnesota
Long Ago LEO, I learned to sail on a lake in MN and caught the fever. I eventually made it to So. California where the wife and I lived aboard my Tayana 37 for 10 years with our Schipperke. We no longer have the boat, but we still have the dog.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
joe sixpack said:
hmm wonder if the old hamburger/peanut butter trick will work on them.
Nope....the 2 Shepherds are smarter than me and I have my buddy from the K-9 unit in DPS training them every weekend.

I tried peanut butter on the Rottie and he just spit it out and growled at me.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
One cockapoo, not to be confused with a cockatiel. :p

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Two waterfowl, dove, quail and pheasant retrieving fools of Labrador Retrievers. See my little female in the pic below my sign on with 6 limits of teal. Yep, she retrieved every one. But I'm not proud of her.

·
Registered
250 Posts
VegasGuy - it's a sweet thing, living on the water and includes a whole 'nother set of variables, doesn't it? Sounds like a great package you had there and a good location. Have had some offers to move south on the fed's dime (including Lake Travis outside of Austin this year), but I think we're officially lifers in Minnesota.

We commute 170-miles roundtrip daily, but the boat is 2-miles from work, so we long for summers. We did about 8-summers on a 40' Ssportfisherman and it really wasn't ideal as a fulltime liveaboard; it WAS a rush to pilot, though. As much as it felt like I was becoming maritime trailer-trash, I broke down and bought a houseboat and have never looked back. It's wonderful.

[Back on thread] But, the pet thing is an issue, so only the pup makes residence with us.

NYPD - I suspect it's not a good idea to break into your house, irrespective of your fine animals. :eek:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Two duck, geese, dove,quail and pheasant retrieving fools of Labrador retrievers. See the pic of my little girl that retrieved 6 limits of teal on one morning's hunt. But I'm not proud of her. ;D

·
Registered
190 Posts
i have 2 female rottweilers sadie (13) mocha(7), 3 golden retreivers 1 male coder(1) 2 females allie (10) and fiesta (3) and a terrier mix i inherited from my dad when he passed away last year he looks just like toto LOL, benji he is 2

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm involved in animal welfare/adoptions here in Houston.
see www.friendsofbarc.org (I'm on the Board)

Girlfriend & I have 11 dogs!! (All rescues)
Ranging from a dachshund mutt up to a (pure?) Rottweiler!

( Rottie's named "Freedom" - found on July 4, 2004.. thought we were checking a dead dog in a field for tags or ID, but.. he rolled over & sighed.
15 ft heavy chain dragging, no hair & mange, weighed about 55 lbs. Now he's a rambunctious, crazy loyal, smart & fun, 100 lb bundle of joy! I call him "Freedom, B.D.E." -Best Dog Ever!-)

No kids here, either.. obviously!!

BTW.. 2 of 'em.. a Chow mix, & a ??Mutt?? Great Dane/Lab/Rott mix? - are available for adoption!!!!
Pictures available on request!!

Maybe we're crazy, but... we're OK with it!

Reactions: Sarge
1 - 20 of 105 Posts