Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a thread over on the smithing forum, but there is not a lot of traffic there. Does anyone know what part keeps the tension on the cylinder hand that advances the cylinder on a model 669?

After reassembly, if I point the gun down toward the floor, it advances the cylinder and fires perfectly every time.

Point it at the ceiling and the cylinder stops rotating.

I can't figure out what is causing the problem. I've looked at several videos and other threads, but none of them are for the 669 which seems to be a little bit different. :bang:

·
Super Moderator
17,634 Posts
The leftover pin in your other post should go in a hole in the back of the upper trigger. The spring for it is probably still in the hole. The spring loaded pin pushes the bottom of the hand to the rear, which forces the top into the ratchet on the cylinder as the hand is on a pivot.

Hope that spring is still in it's hole.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out. The spring wasn't gone. But the pin does not go in the back of the trigger. It goes in the sideplate. I don't know what the engineer was drinking but it must have been good stuff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought a used 1998 66 that has this. Agter searching YouTube for my gun that I never found. I googled it and found the problem right off. You right, the guy must have been drunk when they designed this. It's still a you know what to get it back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts