Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well nav school has been kicking my butt a little bit. we've blown up a bunch of stuff so far. Yesterday and today we did disposals of ordance. It's crazy how the US makes all kinds of explosives and leaves them in storage. Yesterday I used c4 from 1975 to dispose of rifle grenades made in 1943. Yesterday was just a 100lb(net) disposal of random ordance. Today we did 600lbs. The explosions on both were crazy..... Weekends here are Pretty cool. We pretty much go to destin and go to a few clubs. Gotta watch out for instructors though they go to the same clubs lol. Anyone familiar with the area around elgin afb? Oh and a random tanget we need more funding so we get our own rooms. Roommates suck.

Administrator
Gee, niko, all that stuff is older than you! Sounds like a blast! Pun intended. :thumb:

Registered
We go the the Redneck Riviera (Destin is a part of it :) ) every year or just about.

AJ's is the best if you are looking for a good club. McGuires is great for a drink and they have great food, the roof top bar is nice in good weather. They brew some of their own beers as well. They have a Beer sampler which gives you a rocks glass size of each of their brews.

Other than that it really is a laid back beach place. If you have time you can walk along the beach and find some bars right on the beach, the Back porch is the one that comes to mind, in the summer months the scenery is good (the beach and water aint bad to look at either ;)). We usually only Drive through Ft Walton Beach so I don't know what all is there.

Best of luck in School. Any school that lets you blow stuff up can't be all bad!

Registered
Good to hear from you Niko, sounds like you are having a great adventure, and you will really enjoy the beaches in a couple of more months.

You will look back on these as the best years of your life, particularly when you finish. Enjoy yourself and don't get your wires crossed! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The next few weeks is spring break here. Last weekend it was pretty cool. I still havent actually went to the beach though lol, waiting to ship my car down here. Its kind of interesting, Every branch of service goes to the Navy ran EOD school. So in my class there are marines, army, and of course air force.

Any marines on here? You guys are some jerks lol. In the Marine Corps you have to be atleast e-4 i think it is to go to EOD school. Pretty much all the marines ive seen including the ones in my class are Sergeants. They dont have anything on our PT though. :)

Super Moderator
My cousin was stationed at Hurlburt field I went there often. They do some serious blowing stuff up down there. And at dusk they light up the sky with C130 gunships.
There is an Island right off Hurlburt that they do all kinds a Spec Ops stuff on. Not recommend to water ski around LOL. Glad your having fun.

Hurlburt Field - Home

Registered
See when kids these days talk about booms there talking about there car stereo, when older folk take about booms it's that kind of stuff fun, fun. The military is kinda like and old boss I had he didn't throw nothing away until it was totally useless or unstable.

Enjoy your training and be safe, stay in one piece would yah. :D

Oh BTW :nopics:
I know you can't but would be nice just sayin.

Registered
AJ's is the best if you are looking for a good club. McGuires is great for a drink and they have great food, the roof top bar is nice in good weather. They brew some of their own beers as well. They have a Beer sampler which gives you a rocks glass size of each of their brews.
I agree. We went down to Destin back in October for my buddy's wedding, also in the Air Force and previously stationed at Elgin, and had a blast. Spent more than one night "sampling" from McGuire's. And if you order their drink called the Irish Wake, you'll soon realize why they will only serve you 3 then you're cut off lol

Registered
Sounds like tons of fun. I hope your hearing is still intact!!! (LOL)

Super Moderator
Hey Niko, great to hear that you are still looking at the sunny side! Focus is everything, both for attitude and safety. Enjoy Spring break, but not too much! It's very cool to have a job blowing things up. Please keep us up to date with your new life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts