Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I met a guy that did 8 years. Asked him if it did him any good. He said the first 5 didn't but the last 3 taught him a lot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
He also said that some guys keep going back to prison because they like the structure. He said that others want to live a lifestyle that their women and families frown upon.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
LOL! I thought the title meant it was actually a story about forgiveness and redemption. Instead it was about druggedness and hallucination!

I once met a guy named Jimmy Quillen that did 11 years in (on) Alcatraz. He eventually turned his life around and went on to lecture and write on why you DON'T want to become a criminal. Pretty interesting guy, he told me that when he was young (teens to twenties) he was a real deal mean ass criminal dude. Armed robbery, burglary, drugs, assault.. the whole deal. I didn't ask him if he had ever murdered anyone. I met him when he was in his 70's.

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
LOL! I thought the title meant it was actually a story about forgiveness and redemption. Instead it was about druggedness and hallucination!

I once met a guy named Jimmy Quillen that did 11 years in (on) Alcatraz. He eventually turned his life around and went on to lecture and write on why you DON'T want to become a criminal. Pretty interesting guy, he told me that when he was young (teens to twenties) he was a real deal mean ass criminal dude. Armed robbery, burglary, drugs, assault.. the whole deal. I didn't ask him if he had ever murdered anyone. I met him when he was in his 70's.
Do a Google search for James Quillen Alcatraz. Robbery. Kidnapping. Escape.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Do a Google search for James Quillen Alcatraz. Robbery. Kidnapping. Escape.
Yeah, he was a bona-fide violent criminal.

EDIT: I don't want to leave it like that.. he was able to redeem himself and went on to be a father, and grandfather, and touched many peoples lives with his writing and speaking. In the end, a reborn and gentle soul.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I always thought that that the only way a prisoner "saw the light" was when they flipped the switch on the electric chair.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
I could never figure out why people would go through so much hassle to smuggle drugs into a prison. It's not like convicts can pay them lots of money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts